nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #154199
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Wild dogs from Africa" Previous topic | Next topic
AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Tue 26-Mar-13 08:15 PM
2883 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wild dogs from Africa"
Tue 26-Mar-13 08:17 PM by AartPapaya

Hectorspruit, ZA

I found the wild dogs from Pakku fascinating in the sense of there differences. In this case I shot against the light but luckily it was cloudy. I shot this in 2009 with a D200.

1/250 f8 ISO 400 70(70-300 Sigma)
1/320 F8 ISO 400 300(70-300 Sigma)

Aart

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Tallow Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2009Wed 27-Mar-13 03:32 AM
962 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wild dogs from Africa"
In response to Reply # 0

Niagara-on-the-Lake, CA

nice captures. Are they ticks on the mouth?

Dave

Visit my 500px gallery.

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Wed 27-Mar-13 07:22 AM
2883 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wild dogs from Africa"
In response to Reply # 1

Hectorspruit, ZA

Thank you Dave
>Are they ticks on the mouth?
Yes they are ticks indeed. In rural areas it is a common problem with domestic dogs. For some reason it can not be too irritating as it should be very easy to scratch it of.

Aart

niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2007Wed 27-Mar-13 07:55 AM
1886 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Wild dogs from Africa"
In response to Reply # 0

Mysore, IN

Nice captures Aart, though there is contrast in physical appendices, the nature & social behaviors of all wild dogs (including Dingos: the one we find in Australia) are same). Thanks for sharing.

Pakku

jjmirenzi Registered since 31st May 2012Wed 27-Mar-13 06:11 PM
152 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Wild dogs from Africa"
In response to Reply # 0

Dupont, US

Nice colors, dogs must have a good dental hygenist.

Lunastar Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010Thu 28-Mar-13 02:53 AM
3311 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Wild dogs from Africa"
In response to Reply # 4

Mankato, US

Aart, Those wild dogs look strangely friendly which I know isn't true as they are inherently viscous critters! Thanks for sharing!

Mark

www.mercuryoutdoorcommunications.com

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Thu 28-Mar-13 03:19 PM
#6. "RE: Wild dogs from Africa"
In response to Reply # 5

Hectorspruit, ZA

Hi Mark,
I think that although the are ruthless hunters they are not menacing. I once observed a fairly big pack of dogs on one of the roads in the Kruger. They were inquisitive and even sniffed on the vehicle but than to my astonishment a Kudu walked right passed them. Neither the Kudu nor the dogs blinked an eye. If you see the kind playfulness when they are relaxing they are not vicious by nature. Lions, hyena, leopard and even jackal will be much more inclined to attack with very little provocation.

Aart

Watto Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2010Thu 28-Mar-13 11:02 PM
618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Wild dogs from Africa"
In response to Reply # 0

Dongara, AU

G,day Aart, nice photos they look pretty sharp on my iPad . Pattern is amazing and he or she looks in good nic.

Cheers Glen

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Fri 29-Mar-13 07:36 AM
#8. "RE: Wild dogs from Africa"
In response to Reply # 7

Hectorspruit, ZA

Hi Glen, Thank you. Every hound has his own markings and because it is an endangered species, the markings are used to identify individual animals

Aart

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Sun 31-Mar-13 07:40 PM
4832 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Wild dogs from Africa"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Very nice...Aart!

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public) topic #154199 Previous topic | Next topic