nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62191
View in threaded mode

Subject: "SB-800, SB-700 and SB-28 working together" Previous topic | Next topic
davidgoerndt Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Dec 2012Mon 23-Sep-13 04:04 PM
39 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB-800, SB-700 and SB-28 working together"

Orlando, US

I haven't been able to find an answer to this question. I have the above three speed lights and was wondering if I can get the SB 28 to fire if I connect it to one of the other speed lights and still use CLS?
I realize the SB-28 isn't part of CLS but I was wondering if it will fire if connected to one of the remotes or will the connection disable CLS altogether?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberTue 24-Sep-13 01:12 AM
8250 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB-800, SB-700 and SB-28 working together"
In response to Reply # 0

Powder Springs, US

I don't think so David. You would need to use SU-4 mode and manually set your flash levels, I believe. You would need an SU-4 shoe for the SB-28.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

Michael Green Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2008Tue 24-Sep-13 02:32 AM
287 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SB-800, SB-700 and SB-28 working together"
In response to Reply # 1

Stamford, CT, US

I've been thinking about this one as well and agree. Using SU-4 mode does not sync with CLS as the pre-flashes would trigger SU-4 before the capture takes place.

MKG

luckyphoto Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Tue 24-Sep-13 02:36 PM
813 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: SB-800, SB-700 and SB-28 working together"
In response to Reply # 2

Port Charlotte, US

You might want to consider selling the SB-28 and finding a used SB-800 or SB-700. That would give you a simple solution, CLS compatibility all the way around and three great speedlights - a much more powerful and flexible solution.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Michael Green Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2008Tue 24-Sep-13 03:33 PM
287 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: SB-800, SB-700 and SB-28 working together"
In response to Reply # 3

Stamford, CT, US

I find the SB-28 works very well in Manual mode on the hot shoe with a Gary Fong diffuser for small group shots. I'm collecting my dollars to get an SB-910 to go with my SB-800.

MKG

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62191 Previous topic | Next topic