Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59316
View in threaded mode

Subject: "LED Continuous Lighting" Previous topic | Next topic
Timbo1961 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Oct 2008Thu 13-Sep-12 03:10 AM
60 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"LED Continuous Lighting"

Pickering, ON, CA

Hi All ...
I have been using Speedlights with Pocket Wizards for a while now and am thinking about getting into continuous lights for some various upcoming projects.
Have any of you all used any LEDs for portraiture for studio and location shoots?
I have been looking at the Rosco labs Lite Pad Axiom lights which seem small compact, pretty bright and relatively inexpensive.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

http://www.rosco.com/litepad/litepadAxiom.cfm?menuReturn=lighting

TimMcGillPhotography and TMStudios

www.timmcgillphotography.com
or
www.timmcgillportraits.com

Sports, Events, Gigs, Beauty, Fashion, Glamour, and Boudoir

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
barrywesthead Silver Member Awareded for his continued support of the Nikonians community, freely sharing his expertise, particularly in the areas of digital post processing and printing. Nikonian since 07th Nov 2006Thu 13-Sep-12 12:42 PM
1254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: LED Continuous Lighting"
In response to Reply # 0

Kleinburg, CA

I've subscribed to your post as I too am interested in learning more abour LED lighting.

You might find more expertise on this subject in the video section.

Barry
http://art2printimages.com

OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Thu 13-Sep-12 11:20 PM
524 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: LED Continuous Lighting"
In response to Reply # 1
Thu 13-Sep-12 11:26 PM by OnTERRYo

Hamilton, CA

Hi Tim and Barry.

B&H Photo have some very good tutorial videos.
The attached link is for LED photo lighting.
I haven't viewed it yet.
There is more than one; search LED Lighting.
Hope it helps.
Terry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt-rx4Cb9us&feature=plcp

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59316 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.