Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #275
View in threaded mode

Subject: "SB26 Flash With N60" Previous topic | Next topic
clutch Basic MemberFri 24-Aug-01 09:42 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB26 Flash With N60"

Hello,

I will be using the SB26 with my N60 camera. The SB26 manual does not refer to the N60, just N90, N70, N8008, N6006, N6000, N50, N5005, N2020, N2000, N4004, and some older manuals.

Is there an equivalent model for my N60? I want to read through the manual but certain features are model specific.

Thanks.

BTW, hopefully soon I'll have an N80 to use it with.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic MemberSat 25-Aug-01 01:43 AM
2947 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB26 Flash With N60"
In response to Reply # 0

Private, UM

The SB-26 was discontinued before the launch of the N60 so it won’t mention that model. As for equivalent model, not sure if any you mentioned would be considered equivalent. The SB-28 operates very similar to the SB-26, and if you can locate the manual for the SB-28, or reference a Magic Lantern Guide for the 28, you might get your answers.
Doug

--Take only photographs, leave nothing but footprints--

NC, second week of October, 2001...

"Take only photographs, leave only footprints"

jnscbl Basic MemberSat 25-Aug-01 03:46 AM
3601 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SB26 Flash With N60"
In response to Reply # 1

US

With my SB24, I follow the F-401s/N4004s sections for my N60.---scott

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

clutch Basic MemberSat 25-Aug-01 09:40 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: SB26 Flash With N60"
In response to Reply # 0

Thank you very much for the tips. I'll try the 4004 section. I tried to look up the Magic Lantern Guide at Amazon for the SB26, but the publication is out of print.

I’m slightly apprehensive about buying the Magic Lantern guide for the SB26, mostly due to one very negative review (apparently book contains misleading and incorrect information). I’ll have to ask around about this, let me know if you guys have used this guide.

Thanks again for the tips.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #275 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.