Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #102
View in threaded mode

Subject: "sb28 or sb28 DX ?" Previous topic | Next topic
faro Basic MemberThu 19-Jul-01 05:09 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"sb28 or sb28 DX ?"

Stuttgart, DE

Hi folks -

I would like to replace my sb27, because I don't like the shape and the handling. I just got a F100 and I will use the flash more often since the F100 has no own flash (unlike my former F70). Which one would you recommend? I think I will go for the sb28. There are two different sb28s, one with the DX extension one without. Which one is the right for me??
Thank you in advance!!

faro

PS: Do you think the F100 with the 28-105 f/3.5-4.5D and the sb28 are a good combination?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter MemberThu 19-Jul-01 07:01 PM
10095 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: sb28 or sb28 DX ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Salt Lake City, US

Only buy a DX model if you have a D1 series digital body or plan to get one in the future. There are no differences between the two models except that the DX model provides a preflash that the D1 uses for controlling exposure rather than measure off the CCD as the image is made. It's a complete waste of money for any other body...

BJ

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

liamtoh1 Basic MemberThu 19-Jul-01 07:01 PM
320 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: sb28 or sb28 DX ?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

SB28DX is esstentially for D1 camera. SB28 will lose the TTL feature on the D1, whereas SB28DX provides TTL functionality.

SB28DX is fully compatible with F100 (will work like a regular SB28 on film cameras like F100, F5)

So, unless you think you will be going digital in very near future you may opt for SB28.

Pravin.

Success is a journey, not a destination. Stop running

Johnny Basic MemberFri 20-Jul-01 10:50 PM
1038 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: sb28 or sb28 DX ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Westampton, US

I will echo everyone else's comment (SB28, DX or no DX) with an added one that the SB-28 should work great on the F100 with the 28-105mm. I have an SB-26 and that setup and it works flawlessly.

Johnny

Johnny

---
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #102 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.