Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #93
View in threaded mode

Subject: "kit lens + d50 body" Previous topic | Next topic
waywest Basic MemberSun 30-Oct-05 01:02 AM
379 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"kit lens + d50 body"

las vegas, US

hi all, i sure could use some newbie help. i soon will buy the D-50 body and the 18-70 kit lens. i'm looking for any recomendations for where to get the best prices. any help here is much appreciated. i really learn a lot here and someday hope to repay. thanks, waywest

waywest - respect the desert

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
AristonCC Registered since 28th Oct 2005Sun 30-Oct-05 01:48 AM
109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: kit lens + d50 body"
In response to Reply # 0

Highland, US

I think the sale is over already but I got my D50 w/lens from CompUSA for $750...it had a $50 instant rebate. I know that Costco has the camera for $769 but I'm not sure if it includes the lens or not. Try doing a Froogle search for "Nikon D50" and see what you come up with.

Ariston Collander
http://www.aristonphotography.com
Living History Events and Costume Portraiture

skyyblue Registered since 30th Oct 2005Sun 30-Oct-05 07:14 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: kit lens + d50 body"
In response to Reply # 0

$709

body+kit lens+1gb SD card+overnight shipping

http://buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=NKD501855#description

waywest Basic MemberMon 31-Oct-05 03:42 AM
379 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: kit lens + d50 body"
In response to Reply # 2

las vegas, US

thanks for the replys. i should have been clearer in my post. i'm looking for a D50 body only and the 18-70mm < d-70 > kit lens. i think i can get a d50 body for a fair price here in las vegas nv. but everyone here wants $400.00 + tax for the 18-70 lens. anyone know where this lens can be had new for a fair price? or is $400.00 a good price ? i compared the 18-55 lens with the 18-70 lens in the store and the choice was simple. thanks for any leads on a good website. i'm so happy this place is back!

waywest - respect the desert

Aleks Registered since 29th Oct 2005Mon 31-Oct-05 07:04 PM
132 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: kit lens + d50 body"
In response to Reply # 3

Calgary, CA

I was shooting with my Dad's 18-70 last night, and I noticed alot of vignetting! I was going to pick this lens up aswell, but I'm not too sure about it now....

D80 | MB-D80 Grip | Nikkor 50mm f1.8D | Nikkor 85mm f1.8D | Nikkor 18-70mm f 3.5/4.6G ED | Nikkor 70-300mm f 4/5.6G ED | Tamron 90mm f 2.8 Macro | Nikon SB-600

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #93 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.