Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43540
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Shutter Actuations" Previous topic | Next topic
Ed Weidman Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2008Sun 30-Jan-11 01:50 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Shutter Actuations"

New York, US

Hi in a D-40 how do you find the amount of shutter actuations ?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
HHargitt Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jan 2010Sun 30-Jan-11 04:29 PM
511 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Shutter Actuations"
In response to Reply # 0

Maple Ridge, CA

Hi Ed,

You can use Opanda Exif Viewer to see the number on shutter releases. You'll find it here, http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/index.html and the best part is it's free. Just shoot an image, open with Opanda, scroll down to "Total number of shutter releases for camera".

Howard

Will shoot for fame...fun...food... a heck I'll shoot anytime anywhere.

CharlieS Registered since 29th Aug 2007Sun 30-Jan-11 04:30 PM
1729 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Shutter Actuations"
In response to Reply # 0

US

www.opanda.com

download and install the exif viewer. You can then open jpgs through the software or right click on an image file and open the software.
Almost to the bottom of the resulting screen is the total number of shutter releases.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sun 30-Jan-11 04:56 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Shutter Actuations"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Opanda or any Exif viewer should be used on an unedited Jpeg. This is because other software may remove the MakerNote section of the EXIF data.

You can access Jeffery\'s Exif viewer. You can upload a Jpeg and view the data with your web browser. It can also process NEF images, but due to their size, they will take a long time to process.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Ed Weidman Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2008Mon 31-Jan-11 12:59 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Shutter Actuations"
In response to Reply # 1

New York, US

Hi Howard, I've downloaded Opanda Exif, but I don't find: Total number of shutter releases for camera. I am missing an additional step? TIA, Ed Weidman.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 31-Jan-11 03:33 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Shutter Actuations"
In response to Reply # 4
Mon 31-Jan-11 03:34 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

You need to look at an image that has not been edited or modified by any program.

Nikon palces the 'Shutter Count', "Shuttter Actuations", or other similar wording within its MakerNote. This is unique to all Nikon dSLRs except the D1 series.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Ed Weidman Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2008Mon 31-Jan-11 05:55 PM
#6. "RE: Shutter Actuations"
In response to Reply # 4

New York, US

>Hi Howard, I've downloaded Opanda Exif, but I don't find:
>Total number of shutter releases for camera. I am missing an
>additional step? TIA, Ed Weidman.
Hi, I saw an item that was abbreviated but when I copied the item to Notepad, it was the "Total number of shutter releases". Thanks again for your help. Ed

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 31-Jan-11 07:28 PM
#7. "RE: Shutter Actuations"
In response to Reply # 6
Mon 31-Jan-11 07:29 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

The columns in Opanda are adjustable and one can scroll down the list of tags. It is like adjusting columns in Excel and scrolling down the worksheet.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43540 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.