Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44208
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Lens Question" Previous topic | Next topic
m3rvt Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Apr 2009Sat 14-Apr-12 10:52 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Lens Question"

US

Would this lens work with my D60? Nikon Micro 105mm F4 AI Lens. I don't care if it is a manual focus as I tend to lean more manual focusing anyway.

Thanks.
M3

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 15-Apr-12 01:05 AM
25942 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Lens Question"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Mary,

It will work on your D60, with the camera in Manual exposure mode, Manual ISO, and Manual focus mode. Also the D60 does not support metering with non-CPU lenses like the Nikkor 105mm f/4 AI.
You can use the Sunny 16 rule, a hand held Light Meter, or the Trial and Error method using the Histogram to nail the exposure.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

m3rvt Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Apr 2009Sun 15-Apr-12 03:49 AM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Lens Question"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Would I have to work in full manual mode or can I still work in aperture priority? If I was to decide to get a light meter do you have any suggestions?

Thanks! M3

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 15-Apr-12 06:30 AM
25942 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Lens Question"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Mary,

>Would I have to work in full manual mode or can I still work
>in aperture priority?

You must use full Manual control.
See page 146 in the D60 Users Manual

If I was to decide to get a light meter
>do you have any suggestions?

There are Light Meters available in a wide range of price points from the old style needle types to the digital models.
I use a Sekonic L-758DR.
Keep in mind that the D7000, D_ _ series, and D_ series bodies will meter with AI and AI modified lenses in both Manual exposure mode and Aperture Priority mode.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44208 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.