nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44121
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D60 file number sequence when transfer to computer" Previous topic | Next topic
PattyCake Registered since 04th Mar 2012Sun 04-Mar-12 03:25 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D60 file number sequence when transfer to computer"

US

Two things happen when i download my photo files from my disk to my computer.

1. The number sequence does not remain in tact. The computer will download the photos fine and the numbers remain 'assigned' to the correct photos BUT the number order is mixed up rather than being listed in a sequential format . . .

2. Also, some of the photos remaining on the disk from a few days or week ago will have the date changed from their original 'capture date' to the current day's date . . .

ALL attempts to enlighten me will be WELCOME, THX

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 04-Mar-12 04:17 AM
27031 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D60 file number sequence when transfer to computer"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Mardi,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Are you using a PC or a Mac?
How do you have your computers sort parameters set up?
If you set the sort function to sort by file name, the the images should be listed in numeric order.

If you are using a PC, if you add Date Taken to the Details bar, it should show the date and time that the image was captured.
If you are looking at "Date Created" that would list the time and date that you copied the image file from the card to the computer.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

PattyCake Registered since 04th Mar 2012Sun 04-Mar-12 07:09 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D60 file number sequence when transfer to computer"
In response to Reply # 1

US

THANK YOU for your reply. this is my first exploration of any 'forum' . . . i do use a PC. SO, my next question is not about my camera but about my computer - is this still fair? I'm not exactly a novice to computers BUT i do NOT know where to find the 'sort parameter' or the 'detail bar' . . . IF you reply i hope i learn something new rather than feel 'DUH!' . . .
THX Marty, Mardi (WHAT a coincidence!)
P.S. it is now past my bedtime so i will not check my computer for another 10-12 hours or so in case you wonder whether i have 'learned something'. . . i will reply either way and THX again.

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sun 04-Mar-12 09:46 AM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D60 file number sequence when transfer to computer"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun 04-Mar-12 09:56 AM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

In Windows Explorer, look a the menu bar. Select the "View" option and a drop down list will appear. There will be an option for "Details". Select this option. You can then click on the "Date Modified" to toggle the sort of the details either ascending or descending.

If you are using the file "Open" action within an application, you can right mouse click within the displayed file display and the context sensitive menu will appear and you can select "Arrange Icons by" and select the "Modified" option.

You can even use this context sensitive menu within Windows Explorer.

When an image folder, if you move the mouse cursor over the column heading bar and use the right mouse click to bring up the context sensitive menu, you will be given an option list of columns that can be displayed. You may need to select the "More" option to get to the "Date Take" option.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

PattyCake Registered since 04th Mar 2012Thu 08-Mar-12 01:36 AM
#4. "RE: D60 file number sequence when transfer to computer"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Greetings - just wanted to post a BIG THANK YOU belatedly. THX ! ! !
Mardi

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44121 Previous topic | Next topic