nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What have you changed since you first bought your D40?

chewie

Petaling Jaya, MY
134 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
chewie Registered since 17th Jan 2008
Mon 27-Feb-12 12:29 AM

Hey people,

Just wondering what have you changed since you first bought your D40. I, for one, changed the strap and I know one or two of my buddies changed to the Katz eye focusing screen.

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

I've learned that I have alot more to learn...

ctdrummer

Southern CT, US
239 posts

#1. "RE: What have you changed since you first bought your D40?" | In response to Reply # 0

ctdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012
Fri 02-Mar-12 03:47 PM

Hi, I have the d40x. The only thing I did was to upgrade the kit 18-55mm lens to the VR version.

I reprogrammed the function button on the side of the camera near the flash pop-up button to change the ISO with the button pressed and thumb-wheel. This is more useful than the timer, which I kept hitting by accident thinking it was the flash.

I changed the setting to display the camera settings on the screen when I tap the shutter button in addition to the normal info button press.

Marmion4

Near Sacramento, US
188 posts

#2. "RE: What have you changed since you first bought your D40?" | In response to Reply # 0

Marmion4 Registered since 21st Sep 2008
Fri 02-Mar-12 10:26 PM

What is the Katz eye focusing system?

I upgraded to D300s and D7000 and switched my focusing to the button on the back of the camera. Intend to do the same with my D800E.

Laura

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ctdrummer

Southern CT, US
239 posts

#3. "RE: What have you changed since you first bought your D40?" | In response to Reply # 2

ctdrummer Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012
Sat 03-Mar-12 12:21 AM | edited Sat 03-Mar-12 12:22 AM by ctdrummer

>What is the Katz eye focusing system?

I did a search and found this : http://www.katzeyeoptics.com/item--Nikon-D40-D60-Focusing-Screen--prod_D40.html

G