Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44468
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D40X error note" Previous topic | Next topic
VicW Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Dec 2002Fri 14-Dec-12 03:30 AM
70 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D40X error note"

Grosse Pointe, US

Daughter took some pictures, downloaded them to her computer and they are fine. Put the card back in her D40X to reformat and gets an error message that the card is damaged. She has tried several cards (they are not locked) and gets the same message. I suggested removing the battery for some time and trying again, no help.
Ideas? Time for a new camera?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 14-Dec-12 02:28 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D40X error note"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

I would think a fully charged battery would help.

Also make sure the card is being inserted correctly and not forced.

Since the card is spring loaded, try gently pushing the card in and out and then use a Rocket blower to remove any thing that worked lose.

There is the 2 button reset and possibly the reset button. But you should note your camera settings as the resets will force many settings back to the default values.

Was the card reformatted with the computer?

Have you tried to reformat the card in the camera?

George
My Nikonian Galleries

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 15-Dec-12 02:40 AM
25956 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D40X error note"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Vic,

I would do what George suggested above, and if that doesn't work;
get a paper clip and push it into the Reset button on the side of the camera under the rubber door between the video output and the USB port.
If that doesn't work, it should be sent in for service.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44468 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.