Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44437
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D60-maximum memory card used" Previous topic | Next topic
mliserson Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012Sat 03-Nov-12 04:21 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D60-maximum memory card used"

Tucson, US

HI,
I have a D60 and currently use an 8GB card in it. My husband is borrowing it while his DS300 is being repaired. Has anyone used a 16GB, 32GB or 64Gb card in the D60?

He will be traveling for 4 months and has limited weight/space for things to take, so a larger card would be nice.
thanks

ML iserson
D60 & DS300

MLtucson

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 03-Nov-12 07:13 PM
25549 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D60-maximum memory card used"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Mary Lou,

Welcome to Nikonians!

Since I don't have a D60, I did a Nikoscope Search and found Topic#37187
In the above thread one member wrote that he was using 16GB cards in his D60.
That thread was a few years old before the large capacity cards were common.

Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

EYeye Registered since 16th Sep 2012Sun 04-Nov-12 07:10 PM
284 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D60-maximum memory card used"
In response to Reply # 1

US

16 GB card will work. It is a waste to get class 10, class 4 will be fine. These cards are SMALL and LIGHT and perhaps he should get 2. Several retailers sell them in "2 packs" (Chinese Embassy AKA Walmart, Costco, SAM'S, Best Buy, etc.)

EYeye

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44437 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.