nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43802
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D50 display showing Err - total failure of camara" Previous topic | Next topic
bassrils Registered since 05th Aug 2011Fri 05-Aug-11 02:52 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D50 display showing Err - total failure of camara"

NL

Hello there,

my D50 displays "Err" and has stopped functioning. I took out the battery, reset the camera with the little button on bottom of the camara, but i can't get it to work properly. The shutter releases, but no image is stored, no changes can be made to any settings.

Before sending it in to NIKON, I would like to try to re-install the firmware. But on the nikon site there are no updates (or first issues) to be found. Anybody can help?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 05-Aug-11 03:08 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D50 display showing Err - total failure of camera"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

I is probably not a firmware issue, but some major component has failed.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Fri 05-Aug-11 05:32 PM
26905 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: D50 display showing Err - total failure of camera"
In response to Reply # 1

Richmond, US

Indeed, probably the shutter...

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Mon 08-Aug-11 12:53 AM
27022 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D50 display showing Err - total failure of camara"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Cyril,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Sorry to hear of your problem.
Sounds like your only option is to send the camera to Nikon Service or a Nikon Authorized Service Station for an estimate.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

petie3 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jan 2011Thu 17-May-12 09:17 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D50 display showing Err - total failure of camara"
In response to Reply # 3

US

First do the complete reset, remove battery, change SD cards and try again.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

petie3 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jan 2011Sun 22-Jul-12 05:47 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D50 display showing Err - total failure of camara"
In response to Reply # 4

US

There is a Utube show on freeing up the shutter cogwheels by removing the baseplate and using some sort of lube (not WD40). This may work as a stuck shutter will show up as camera failure and show that message. Good luck.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43802 Previous topic | Next topic