Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #12478
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D40 now officially announced by Nikon" Previous topic | Next topic
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberWed 16-Jan-08 01:16 PM
34315 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D40 now officially announced by Nikon"

San Pedro Garza García, MX

At Nikon USA and here

Nikon D40 Review by our LetsGoDigital partners

Nikon D40 Sample Images

And the Nikonians Expert view by our Editor in Chief, Tom Boné

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Lambfoot Registered since 10th Oct 2006Fri 17-Nov-06 08:53 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D40 now officially announced by Nikon"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Another new camera, another new lens and a new flash. Wow! But will we ever see them in the shops? Would not Nikon better serve it's customers by concentrating on adequate supplies of existing products?

Bob_Benner Registered since 25th Oct 2006Fri 17-Nov-06 10:20 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D40 now officially announced by Nikon"
In response to Reply # 1

San Diego, US

>Another new camera, another new lens and a new flash. Wow!
>But will we ever see them in the shops? Would not Nikon
>better serve it's customers by concentrating on adequate
>supplies of existing products?

Like the 18-200mm VR lens

Bob Benner

viziondetroit Registered since 13th Mar 2006Mon 20-Nov-06 10:33 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE%3A D40 now officially announced by Nikon"
In response to Reply # 2

Detroit, US

I wonder how the battery life is affected by the new screen usage

Detroit Nikonian...

www.crushmediagroup.com

D80, SB600, Nikkor 50mm f1.8, Sigma 18-55mm, Sigma 28-300mm

Nitrus Registered since 04th Dec 2006Wed 13-Dec-06 03:50 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: RE%3A D40 now officially announced by Nikon"
In response to Reply # 3

D40 vs d 50 mission imposible

Digi_Film Registered since 14th Sep 2006Tue 19-Dec-06 03:08 AM
122 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: RE%3A D40 now officially announced by Nikon"
In response to Reply # 4

US

I can easily envision this new DSLR in the same way I view my F75. It would be my most "out-in-public" use Digital version of my F75.

finepix Registered since 04th Jan 2007Thu 04-Jan-07 02:46 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: RE%3A D40 now officially announced by Nikon"
In response to Reply # 5

PH

Got my D40 kit a couple of weeks ago. So far, so good! I'm a P&S'er for 4 years and this is my 1st true SLR. Before digital cameras, I had an Olympus IS200 Film Pseudo-SLR...

I'm now busy reviewing tips and techniques on photography...

By the way, I'm from Cebu, Philippines...

Epawlak Registered since 28th Mar 2006Tue 16-Jan-07 11:20 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: RE%3A D40 now officially announced by Nikon"
In response to Reply # 6

Kelmscott, AU

Wow! I have had my Nikon D40 for a few weeks now and I just love it! I normally shoot with D200. Sure the D40 is plastic, has no upper LCD (who cares?) and some of the spicy features of the D200 are not there, but for the price - its fantastic! Image quality - beautiful! Straight out of the camera! And light! And small!

For fun - I pick up the D40.

For serious work stuff - the D200 is tops.

D300 - Heaven and I am not even dead yet

The_Animal Registered since 16th Dec 2006Fri 23-Feb-07 08:23 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D40 now officially announced by Nikon"
In response to Reply # 7

CA

I guess, I'm one of the few exceptions in that I'm not pleased with the D40. Certainly it has its merits as an entry level DSLR, but I do NOT like the way that Nikon eliminated the versatility of body's compatibility with the lenses. Not everyone has the money to pick up a AF-S lens (with them costing between $200-$300.00 CDN a pop for the 70-300mm AF-S). I currently work with a 70-300mm "G" lens on my D50 and I've been looking into an entry level DSLR for my wife since she's complaining that I'm hogging the camera "all the time". Right now instead of making a "backwards" step in purchasing a D40 for her, that I should consider getting a D80 for her (retaining the full compatibility of all lenses) and use the lenses we already own.

But then again, that's my own opinion.

----------------------------
What does this button do???

greenwing Gold Member Nikonian since 18th May 2006Tue 06-Mar-07 08:02 PM
1299 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D40 now officially announced by Nikon"
In response to Reply # 8

Yorkshire, GB

So why not get another D50 body, or maybe a D70s? Both still available new. Or upgrade yourself to the D80 & pass on the D50... if your family works that way!

jones60 Registered since 23rd Mar 2007Fri 23-Mar-07 05:10 AM
#10. "RE: D40 now officially announced by Nikon"
In response to Reply # 0

PH

I came across a cool site that lists all expert reviews for a product in a single page. Most reviews for Nikon D40 SLR Digital Camera are positive. You might want to read them all from one page. Just compare what different experts are saying about it.

http://www.smartratings.com/review/photography/digital_cameras/162

tank121 Registered since 05th Nov 2007Mon 05-Nov-07 11:14 PM
#11. "I thought it was the end of the road ...."
In response to Reply # 10

Had a Canon 350d sold it for £350.00 with lenses (camera 2yrs old)

Bouth the all new singing dancing Panasonic FZ18, great zoom, poor camera. Big mistake.

Managed to get full refund from online retailer ... Great Result

Just as i thought things couldn't get any better...

I bought the D40, i'm in love again!

My first pic, without reading manual, shot in raw, remember im a UK novice.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15191623@N08/1860872428/

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #12478 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.