Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251593
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D90, Live View and a microscope" Previous topic | Next topic
rick07 Registered since 12th Jul 2012Thu 12-Jul-12 10:29 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90, Live View and a microscope"

UK

Hi Nikonians,

New to this forum and I would appreciate any expertise on the following issue.

I use my D90 tethered to a surgical operating microscope (Global USA) through an attachment (SLR mount beamsplitter) to the body of the camera. I want to produce a live feed from the microscope to my PC and occasionally snap an interesting view. The software to do this probably takes its input from the Live View feed through the USB interface.

Now unfortunately, when tethered to the microscope, Live View will not work. I assume this is because no lens is present and this would be a sensible precaution to protect the chip. The instruction book does point this out - 'Live View is switched off when the lens is removed'. Consequently no software can pick up a feed from the camera.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this - apart from changing the tethering to a lens based one which I tried but failed to manage.

Many thanks

Richard

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251593 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.