Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251613
View in threaded mode

Subject: "shutter actuation" Previous topic | Next topic
Priest Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2011Sun 22-Jul-12 03:01 PM
315 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"shutter actuation"

Bedford, US

I was going to download Openda IExif the exif viewer. To find the shutter actuations for my D70s. Went to web page and hit download-my computor pop-up says if I do it will damage the computor. blogs I read said it was a fast way to find the actuations. Which is true? cannot find it on Nikon NX. Have Paintshop ProX4 but I can't even understand how to use it. Any ideas would be welcome. Ron

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 22-Jul-12 03:18 PM
29039 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: shutter actuation"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

Thousands of people use Opanda IExif without any problem. If you're getting ithe right version (or trying to) from the official Opanda website there should be no issues.

Without know exactly what your computer's "pop up" said and what operating system and anti-virus software you are running, it's impossible to say why you got it, but it could just be a generic "downloading from unsafe websites can be dangerous" warning.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Priest Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2011Sun 22-Jul-12 03:41 PM
315 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: shutter actuation"
In response to Reply # 1

Bedford, US

that was my thought so many people recomended it -it may just be the normal alert from my spyware. I am just not good enough on a computer to trust my own opinions. thanks. Ron

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 22-Jul-12 07:10 PM
26126 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: shutter actuation"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Ron,

I have Opanda on several computers and have never had a problem.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Sun 22-Jul-12 09:24 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: shutter actuation"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

You can use one of your recent Jpegs on you local drive and use the web page Jeffrey\'s Exif Viewer to upload your Jpeg to his site and have his site display the EXIF data and use the "Find" feature of your web browser to locate the "Shutter Count" field.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Priest Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2011Mon 23-Jul-12 03:28 AM
#5. "RE: shutter actuation"
In response to Reply # 3

Bedford, US

Thank You! Ron

Priest Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2011Mon 23-Jul-12 03:38 AM
#6. "RE: shutter actuation"
In response to Reply # 4

Bedford, US

Thank you- Downloaded Opanda -it seems to have changed- found nikon area. but wants registration- my short version of my problem.I I'll try your's--thanks again. Ron

Priest Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2011Mon 23-Jul-12 03:55 AM
#7. "RE: shutter actuation"
In response to Reply # 4

Bedford, US

Just download with your web page post-took 5 minutes to find shutter count after hours messing with opanda- thanks a million-and I mean a million. Ron

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 23-Jul-12 06:18 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: shutter actuation"
In response to Reply # 6

Chicago, US

There are 2 versions of Opanda, one is free and is a viewer, the other is a purchase product and allows some editing of the EXIF data.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

rwsteve66 Registered since 19th Feb 2011Tue 24-Jul-12 03:56 AM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: shutter actuation"
In response to Reply # 7

Phoenix, US

I always use: http://www.myshuttercount.com/
Works great with my D90 & D80...

MyShutterCount.com provides a tool for you to check your digital camera (most of the DSLR) shutter count and basic EXIF information. Just simply upload a photo which is taken by your digital camera. We will show you the shutter count of your camera instantly.

At this moment, MyShutterCount.com supports Nikon's NEF, Pentax's DNG and PEF format. Of course, JPG format is also allowed to upload.
Give it a try...

Priest Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2011Tue 24-Jul-12 01:07 PM
#10. "RE: shutter actuation"
In response to Reply # 9

Bedford, US

THANK YOU FOR INFORMATION. RON

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251613 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.