Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252000
View in threaded mode

Subject: "question about photographic pens" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Fri 26-Oct-12 02:06 PM
1409 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"question about photographic pens"

US

Hey, is there any good pens out there for signing photographs? We only have a Michaels craft store around here and Staples, and I like the one I got from staples, it's fine and doesn't run but I don't particularly like signing my lighter enlargements with black ink. So I went to our other store, and got a silver pen, but of course, it was like felt tip and was too thick..Any ideas? Also, a quick off the wall question, is it okay to have your photos in two different galleries? just wondering...

Darlene

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Sat 27-Oct-12 12:45 AM
528 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: question about photographic pens"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 27-Oct-12 12:47 AM by OnTERRYo

Hamilton, CA

Hi Darlene.

For signing glossy surfaces, I would recommend a Sharpie.
You can get them in a few different colors.
In fact, I just bought a silver metallic; though haven't tried it yet.
Plus, you can get them in broad, medium or fine point.
For signatures, try the fine point.
Get one and try it out - they're not expensive.

Terry.

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

limeyzen Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2011Sat 27-Oct-12 11:37 AM
353 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: question about photographic pens"
In response to Reply # 0

Waynesville, US

Don't know about pens but when I used to have my woodwork in galleries I sometimes ran into restrictions, especially when it was for sale and often as part of my contract with them, regarding the proximity of other galleries I could use. So, if photography is the same there is no problem with having one's work in several galleries absent restrictions required by the gallery owners. Ask!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252000 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.