Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #337
View in threaded mode

Subject: "16 Days" Previous topic | Next topic
buzbuzzer Registered since 18th Jan 2006Mon 24-Jul-06 12:41 PM
159 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"16 Days"

San Diego, US

Well all you enthusiasts waiting for the next camera after the d200 have 16 days to find out it seems. Nikon says they're releasing a new 10.2MP camera... (check out nikonusa.com frontpage) I'm hoping for the d80 or something of that sort...I dont think i can handle anymore NAS =)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
markgrif Registered since 09th Jan 2006Mon 24-Jul-06 01:31 PM
333 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 16 Days"
In response to Reply # 0

Asheville, US

It has to be the D80. Couldn't they have made it 10.1 MP so I could still feel superior after shelling out the big bucks for the D200?

Conor Photography
Mark Griffin
Nikonian in North Carolina

Valentino Gold Member Awarded for high level skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 04th Dec 2004Mon 24-Jul-06 02:38 PM
11613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 16 Days"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I dont think i can handle anymore NAS =)

You will have to. An announcement is not the same as availability at your local store. That may take at least several months

Albert J Valentino
Nikonian Moderator Emeritus

Vantage Point Images
Mastery of Composition is the Key to Great Photography

fspeeder Registered since 07th Jan 2005Mon 24-Jul-06 02:51 PM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: 16 Days"
In response to Reply # 0

Barrington, US

My prediction is the same as Ken Rockwell's. It is D90 priced at $1299 at introduction.

JCR Registered since 02nd Jun 2006Mon 24-Jul-06 04:11 PM
38 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: 16 Days"
In response to Reply # 3

SG

I would think so myself, and I don't think it will be superior to the D200.

I am just beginning to explore the D200 further, and it is a truly wonderful camera. And this is where I finally disagree with Ken Rockwell. With a legendary lens on the D200, it leaves the D70S (with the same lens) far behind.

With the fantastic 17-35mm f2.8 hooked up, I can just get lost in taking photos until the darn D200 quick-drain battery rans out in quick time. This lens is just so good for my general use it makes me lazy to bring out the higher range or bigger ones like the likewise great 70-200 VR.

------------------------------

"The question is not what you look at but what you see." - Henry David Thoreau

"There is no camera that instinctively recognizes the decisive moment." - Bryan Peterson

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Mon 24-Jul-06 05:06 PM
29166 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: 16 Days"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

This upcoming "D80" (or whatever it turns out to be) is being discussed at length in our D70 Forum.

Here is the original thread, which has just been closed because it got unmanageably long,
and here is the follow-on thread.

Thanks!

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #337 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.