Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252404
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Nikon D 70" Previous topic | Next topic
normrod62 Registered since 18th Dec 2011Thu 24-Jan-13 11:55 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D 70"

Manchester, US

Strange behavior. I can't get good exposure in P, A, S or M modes. All my settings indicate I should get a well exposed shot, but they show up as very dark or way underexposed in the LCD. However, shooting in the automatic mode works fine. Any idea what is going on?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Fri 25-Jan-13 03:01 AM
1218 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D 70"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

I don't have a D70 (D90), but sounds like might have a large exposure compensation.

I would check and make sure its set to 0.

It should be a <+/-> button somewhere, maybe top-right? (it is on the D90). Press the button and adjust using the dial.

----
Dennis Smith.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 25-Jan-13 04:10 AM
25650 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D 70"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Normand,

As Dennis wrote above, the most likely cause of the problem is you have Negitive Exposure Compensation dialed in. Press the Exposure Compensation button on the top of the camera and look at the top LCD. While holding the button down, rotate the command dial until 0.0 is indicated in the top LCD.
You might want to make sure that you didn;t inadvertantly turn Bracketing On.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

normrod62 Registered since 18th Dec 2011Fri 25-Jan-13 10:20 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon D 70"
In response to Reply # 1

Manchester, US

I feel like an idiot. Yes, you were dead on. Thanks.

normrod62 Registered since 18th Dec 2011Fri 25-Jan-13 10:22 AM
#4. "RE: Nikon D 70"
In response to Reply # 2

Manchester, US

Yes, absolutely correct. Problem solved. Thanks.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 26-Jan-13 02:26 AM
25650 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon D 70"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Outstanding!
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Catadioptric Registered since 17th Jan 2013Fri 01-Feb-13 02:28 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon D 70"
In response to Reply # 5

Chico, US

Thanks for that key piece of info, Marty. I've also occasionally had the same exposure problem, but didn't know what caused it. Big help!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252404 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.