Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251925
View in threaded mode

Subject: "question about a tiny tripod" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Fri 05-Oct-12 06:01 PM
1403 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"question about a tiny tripod"

US

Hi everyone, while I am loving working with my stop shot setup, I was wondering this. I have to mount this thing on a tripod the same as I would be mounting my camera. However, do they make such a thing as something that I could put it on with the same set up as a tripod, but something so I could have it set up in the MIDDLE of the table? I mean, it is okay with the tripod up close to the table standing on the floor, but I can't get close enough to my water dish..Just wondering. I know they have those tiny little gorrila pods but that wouldn't be strong enough to hold this thing filled with water. Just wondering. Can't wait to get a good picture and share it with you all....

Darlene

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Sat 06-Oct-12 12:26 PM
994 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: question about a tiny tripod"
In response to Reply # 0

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Hi Darlene,

I have had a little "Slik" table tripod for years so I don't know if they are still available. It has done the job when necessary and is useful when travelling especially touring on our motorcycle.

One time, on our way to New Zealand I thought I had mislaid it and searched everywhere (well through our luggage etc.) and didn't find it. On arrival in NZ I wanted to use a pair of shoes from my luggage and lo and behold there was my little tripod safe and sound IN my shoe.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Scotty Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002Sat 06-Oct-12 03:15 PM
4817 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: question about a tiny tripod"
In response to Reply # 0

Ely, Cambridgeshire, GB

Hi Darlene,
I have 2 Manfrotto 709B Mini Tripods that are pretty sturdy - not quite sure what you are driving at re the set up but these are pretty robust tabletop tripods. I use them for lighting...

D2Xs + AF20-35mm f2.8 + AF35-70mm f2.8 + AF80-200mm f2.8

or

FE + Nikkor 50mm f1.8 AIS

Hunger pays a heavy price to the shining Gods of speed and steel

Check out my website...
http://alexjpscott.wix.com/photography

LIKE me on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/AlexJPScottPhotography

Follow my blog...

http://alexjpscottphotography.blogspot.co.uk/

Look me up on Flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alex_jp_scott/

Alex

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Sun 07-Oct-12 07:13 PM
1403 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: question about a tiny tripod"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Actually, I really need two things. Something that would have the same features for mounting your camera on i.e. tripod mount that can be set on the table for my stop shot system. And then I am also trying to figure something out also sitting on the table that would hold say my single flower, anything that I would want to photograph that could be suspended in mid air...

Darlene

mfphoto1 Registered since 29th Oct 2005Mon 08-Oct-12 02:05 AM
733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: question about a tiny tripod"
In response to Reply # 3
Mon 08-Oct-12 06:54 PM by mfphoto1

Cincinnati, US

what about something like this for the stop shot system?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/CamDiver/StopShot.jpg

As far as the flower you could try fishing line or armature wire.

"Step into my world and see as I see"

My Nikonians Gallery

ash_y Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Mar 2009Mon 08-Oct-12 05:57 PM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: question about a tiny tripod"
In response to Reply # 3

Pasadena, US

>Actually, I really need two things. Something that would
>have the same features for mounting your camera on i.e. tripod
>mount that can be set on the table for my stop shot system.
>And then I am also trying to figure something out also sitting
>on the table that would hold say my single flower, anything
>that I would want to photograph that could be suspended in mid
>air...

Check the Magic Arm kit, this is very useful; and you can find some more accessories.
http://www.manfrotto.us/magic-arm-kit-143a-003-035

Ash

Pasadena, US

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Tue 09-Oct-12 01:16 AM
#6. "RE: question about a tiny tripod"
In response to Reply # 4

US

mfphoto1, your picture doesn't come up,,,,I'd like to see what you thought of....can you post again....?

Darlene

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Tue 09-Oct-12 01:19 AM
#7. "RE: question about a tiny tripod"
In response to Reply # 5

US

I'm thinking that magic arm might not be sturdy enough for what I need it for ...Especially once I add the water to the stop shot....but thanks..

Darlene

mfphoto1 Registered since 29th Oct 2005Tue 09-Oct-12 02:42 AM
733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#8. "RE: question about a tiny tripod"
In response to Reply # 6
Tue 09-Oct-12 02:43 AM by mfphoto1

Cincinnati, US

Not sure why it's not showing up that is a link to someones picassa site and when I go into edit the link shows up fine, but when you go into the actual post no go. So I just copied the picture so you can see what they did.

"Step into my world and see as I see"

My Nikonians Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Tue 09-Oct-12 05:07 PM
#9. "RE: question about a tiny tripod"
In response to Reply # 8

US

Well, now isn't that cool. Never thought of something as simple as that...Thanks buddy,,,,...

Darlene

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251925 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.