Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact Flas

pixeljockey43

Is from: Palm Beach Gardens, US
48 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pixeljockey43 Registered since 29th Jan 2006
Fri 13-Apr-07 02:35 PM
Anyone interested should check out Adorama for the following special.
I just bought an 8 gig one.

4GB MAP: $99.95 Now only $44.95 after $30 rebate
8GB MAP: $189.95 Now only $49.95 after $70 rebate

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

KFIELDEN KFIELDEN

Is from: Lawrenceville, US
709 posts

#1. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 0

KFIELDEN Basic Member
Fri 13-Apr-07 03:27 PM
I ordered one as well. I thought it was a typo, as the math doesn't add up. I called and mentioned I had received an email with this price, and it was real. $49.95 after the mail in rebate for 8GB Lexar 133X!!!

Not bad.

Karl
Photograffiti Photograffiti

Is from: LA (Lower Arkansas), US
534 posts

#2. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 1

Photograffiti Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Apr 2006
Fri 13-Apr-07 08:51 PM
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered mine as well.

Mark
www.markpricephotography.com

#3. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 1

Fri 13-Apr-07 08:54 PM
can you confirm if the $119.00 on the current price is BEFORE or AFTER the mail-in rebate...

is it $189 minus 70.00 rebate = $120

or

is it $119 current price minus 70.00 rebate = $50

thanks guys.

also, can this 8gb card used on a D2X?

KFIELDEN KFIELDEN

709 posts

#4. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 3

KFIELDEN Basic Member
Fri 13-Apr-07 09:03 PM
I only paid $119.95. Then I downloaded the rebate form which is limit one for $70 mail in rebate. So yes it is $49.95 after rebate.

I currently use a 8GB Ridita card so I assume this will also work fine in my D2X.

Karl

#5. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 4

Fri 13-Apr-07 10:35 PM
Hi Karl:

I went into Adorama and B&H website and ordered the 8GB Lexar 133x. Shopping cart shows $189.95. How do I go about getting it at regular price of $119.95 B4 rebate of $70. Is it hidden somewhere in their website?

Thanks!
KFIELDEN KFIELDEN

709 posts

#6. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 5

KFIELDEN Basic Member
Fri 13-Apr-07 11:48 PM
I called and ordered mine by phone, and they emailed me an invoice. Afterwards I did goonline and added one to a cart, and then it showed the lower price.

I hope you can get one!!

Karl
Aqualung Aqualung

Is from: near Boston, US
6568 posts

#7. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 5

Aqualung Silver Member Awarded for his technical proficiency and numerous positive critiques over several years, mo... Charter Member
Sat 14-Apr-07 03:02 PM
>Hi Karl:
>
>I went into Adorama and B&H website and ordered the 8GB
>Lexar 133x. Shopping cart shows $189.95. How do I go about
>getting it at regular price of $119.95 B4 rebate of $70. Is
>it hidden somewhere in their website?
>
>Thanks!

I purchased it via linking to the newsletter/flyer. If you'd prefer to do this (as opposed to calling in) send me an email here and I'll be happy to forward you the newsletter.

Chris
=====
D300/D3s & more glass than I dare tell the wife

Olympus OM-D EM-1, Olympus 12-40Æ’2.8, 12-100Æ’4 & 40-150Æ’2.8; Panasonic Leica 25mmÆ’1.4

Visit my Nikonians gallery

#8. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 7

Fri 20-Apr-07 07:48 AM
Hi Chris. I went to the B&H site and it looks like they've change the price (after adding it to the cart) to $159. Would you be so kind as to send me a copy of the link and I'm going to try to get it for $119 (can't hurt to try).

Thanks a lot!!

Pam

#9. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 0

Sat 14-Apr-07 10:41 AM
Thanks! I just ordered a 8GB as well.

Russ

#10. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 9

Thu 19-Apr-07 06:19 PM
hey guys... did you get your card from Adorama yet? i ordered mine last week and still havent receive it yet..?
Aqualung Aqualung

6568 posts

#11. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 10

Aqualung Silver Member Awarded for his technical proficiency and numerous positive critiques over several years, mo... Charter Member
Thu 19-Apr-07 06:34 PM
>hey guys... did you get your card from Adorama yet? i
>ordered mine last week and still havent receive it yet..?
mine just arrived today (19th Apr), 8GB 133 Lexar Pro......

Chris
=====

Olympus OM-D EM-1, Olympus 12-40Æ’2.8, 12-100Æ’4 & 40-150Æ’2.8; Panasonic Leica 25mmÆ’1.4

KFIELDEN KFIELDEN

709 posts

#12. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 10

KFIELDEN Basic Member
Thu 19-Apr-07 08:02 PM
Mine arrived today as well!
BuzzedHornet

Is from: US
62 posts

#13. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 12

BuzzedHornet Registered since 18th Dec 2005
Thu 19-Apr-07 08:23 PM
does anyone know if this offer has expired? I see the 4GB card but not the 8GB card...I hope I didn't miss this deal.

Thanks,
Rob

leebaylin

Is from: Baltimore, US
848 posts

#14. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 13

leebaylin Silver Member Charter Member
Thu 19-Apr-07 08:55 PM
I called today about my order. They said they oversold but would deliver by April 30. No new orders though

Lee Baylin

leebaylin

848 posts

#15. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 14

Tue 01-May-07 06:50 AM
Caled again April 30. They said cards were expected same day and would ship with an invoice dated the day of my order. As of AM May 1, not yet shipped. I'll wait a few more days.

Lee Baylin

#16. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 10

Thu 19-Apr-07 10:21 PM
Received my on Monday. Works great in D-200
woollybugger

148 posts

#17. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 16

woollybugger Registered since 24th Aug 2006
Thu 19-Apr-07 11:44 PM
Same here. Mine arrived today.

It will write 11 raw images to the memory in 27 sec on a D200. My PQI 8 gig (100x)takes 55 seconds to write the same 11 frames. The Lexar 133x erase time (timed the cf light) is also half as long as the PQI 100x.

The price was a typo but they honored it. Even after they revised to $159 the cart would still price it at 119.00. Thanks for the tip.

Pfeif

Lovin' the Raw + Fine option
Aqualung Aqualung

6568 posts

#18. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 17

Fri 20-Apr-07 05:53 AM
>Same here. Mine arrived today.
>
>It will write 11 raw images to the memory in 27 sec on a
>D200. My PQI 8 gig (100x)takes 55 seconds to write the same
>11 frames. The Lexar 133x erase time (timed the cf light)
>is also half as long as the PQI 100x.
>
>The price was a typo but they honored it. Even after they
>revised to $159 the cart would still price it at 119.00.
>Thanks for the tip.
>
>Pfeif
>
>Lovin' the Raw + Fine option

Whoah, didn't realize it was a typo, kudos for Adorama for honoring it....as I shop for my D200 I see their price for the MB is less than B+H, as is their Nikon 2 year extended warranty (by a lot)....they've got me leaning towards them for all the right reasons.

Chris
=====

woollybugger

148 posts

#19. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 18

Fri 20-Apr-07 09:04 AM
Typical "baiting" prices got the best of them.

I suspect the price on the first page was to say $119 after($70) rebate and the cart was to charge $189. They had these switched around so the cart charged only $119.

A few hours later the first page price went to $159 without mention of the rebate. The cart still would only charged $119.

Thanks to fellow Nikonians for sharing the deal.

Pfeif

#20. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 19

Fri 20-Apr-07 11:21 AM
not fair... you guys got your cards, and i still didnt mine yet..

hopefully this weekend.

AndyMac AndyMac

Is from: Odessa, US
3652 posts

#21. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 20

AndyMac Registered since 08th Dec 2003
Fri 20-Apr-07 11:43 AM
I am still waiting on mine as well... Order placed last Saturday the 14th at 10:34am EDT.

pixeljockey43

Is from: Palm Beach Gardens, US
48 posts

#22. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 21

pixeljockey43 Registered since 29th Jan 2006
Fri 20-Apr-07 08:44 PM
I got mine yesterday!

#23. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 16

Sat 21-Apr-07 09:38 PM
If the Lexar deal at Adorama is closed......B&H has 8GB sandisk Extreme III for $150.00......

#24. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 23

Sat 28-Apr-07 12:03 PM
i still didnt get my card yet, and i need for a wedding this coming weekend.. i called Adorama earlier this week, and they told me it just got stock and was going to ship it..

just curious if anyone else didnt receive the card yet?
AndyMac AndyMac

3652 posts

#25. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 24

Sat 28-Apr-07 12:13 PM
I haven't received mine. Last I heard they were expecting a shipment on Monday.

Photograffiti Photograffiti

Is from: LA (Lower Arkansas), US
534 posts

#26. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 25

Photograffiti Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Apr 2006
Mon 30-Apr-07 11:18 PM
I ordered mine on the 14th. I cancelled it yesterday. I needed the card last weekend, but didn't have it. I'm a bit ticked off at Adorama.

Mark
www.markpricephotography.com

#27. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 26

Tue 01-May-07 12:44 PM
>I ordered mine on the 14th. I cancelled it yesterday. I
>needed the card last weekend, but didn't have it. I'm a bit
>ticked off at Adorama.

Thumbs down for Adorama for me - i order the card 2 weeks ago, called them every day in the last week for status, they kept saying they will ship out today, and i STILL do not see the card. Now i think they dont even have the card in stock.

So, will i still able to get the rebate? does anyone still have the rebate PDF form that you can email me... thanks

Now, i will have to borrow a few cards for a fellow photographer for an upcoming wedding shoot.

#28. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 23

Mon 30-Apr-07 11:31 PM
B&H has the SanDisk Extreme III 8GB for $109. I got a couple of them yesterday.
Gruverzranch Gruverzranch

Is from: Alamo, US
206 posts

#29. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 28

Gruverzranch Registered since 02nd Nov 2005
Mon 30-Apr-07 11:39 PM
I have the Extreme III's and the Pro 133's. The 133's write time is considerably faster. Really worth it if your shooting many frames per second.

Shoot the picture before it's gone,

Matt

My
gallery>

An image speaks forever, what does it say?
StephanieHelen

Is from: Boca Raton, US
253 posts

#30. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 0

StephanieHelen Silver Member Nikonian since 28th May 2006
Tue 01-May-07 09:23 AM
Just saw this, Adorama's site does not list this offer, did I miss the boat on that offer or is it available with a special code?

Stephanie

woollybugger

148 posts

#31. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 30

Tue 01-May-07 10:03 AM
The original deal was a typo they honored for about 24 hours.

The $70 off rebate still applies to the best price you can find as long as the seller is a Lexar approved vendor.

http://www.robertsimaging.com/lexarrebates.html

AndyMac AndyMac

3652 posts

#32. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 31

Tue 01-May-07 10:05 AM
Actually the $70 rebate ended yesterday. A purchase made today will not be eligible.

AndyMac AndyMac

3652 posts

#33. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 0

Thu 03-May-07 03:41 PM
Well, my order has changed status from "Pending April 15, 2007" to "Packed May 03, 2007".

So I guess it will soon be on it's way.

Update 5/4. Item did ship yesterday and is now showing as in stock on their site. Looks like this will end happily. And kudos to Adorama for honoring their price even though it was probably a mistake.

leebaylin

848 posts

#34. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 0

Sat 05-May-07 03:08 PM
Ordered mine on April 13. Just received today with an invoice dated April 30. . There was no rebate form included in the package. Fortunately, I had downloaded it earlier. If anyone needs it. email me and I'll send you a PDF. You have 30 days from the invoice date to submit the rebate form.

Lee Baylin

AndyMac AndyMac

3652 posts

#35. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 34

Sat 05-May-07 03:14 PM
Invoice date was April 30, was there a "purchase" date? Adorama told me it would be my order date which was April 14th...

leebaylin

848 posts

#36. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 35

Sat 05-May-07 04:24 PM
That's what they told me also, but the rebate form says purchase by April 30, so I think my invoice is good. Do you need the form?

Lee Baylin

AndyMac AndyMac

3652 posts

#37. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 36

Sat 05-May-07 04:28 PM
I have the form, printed and filled it out the day I purchased the card so it would be ready to mail. Little did I know how crucial the timing might be!

Mine shipped on May 3rd so I am concerned the date on the invoice will be May 3rd which will put it outside the rebate period.

leebaylin

848 posts

#38. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 37

Sat 05-May-07 04:33 PM
Mine also shipped on the 3rd. That must be when they got them in. It came 1st class mail with signature confirmation from Elizabeth, NJ. Took 2 days to get here to Baltimore. I think they were aware of the deadline and put a good date on the invoice.

Lee Baylin

AndyMac AndyMac

3652 posts

#39. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 38

Sat 05-May-07 04:35 PM
That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

leebaylin

848 posts

#40. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 39

Sat 05-May-07 04:45 PM
The card seems great. Shows 1.2K images RAW+JPEG on a D70. I tried the recovery software on a card I formated in the camera, and it recovered every image. I don't expect it to be any faster than my Extreme IIs because of the D70 limitation.

Lee Baylin

TXCiclista TXCiclista

Is from: Fort Worth, US
1791 posts

#41. "RE: Lexar 133x Professional High Speed Series, Compact" | In response to Reply # 38

TXCiclista Registered since 15th May 2006
Sat 05-May-07 08:14 PM
>Mine also shipped on the 3rd. That must be when they got
>them in. It came 1st class mail with signature confirmation
>from Elizabeth, NJ. Took 2 days to get here to Baltimore.
>I think they were aware of the deadline and put a good date
>on the invoice.

That's exactly what they did. here's the e-mail reply i received when i asked to cancel the order on May 1...

"we are shipping in two days and predating the bills
you will receive the rebate
morris"

So they dated the bills so we got the rebate. They just got another "star" as far as I'm concerned Here's a link to a "typable" rebate form: http://i.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=36029&d=1176503579

And on a sidenote, got a call from Onecall.com the other day "just to see if you were happy with your lens". Two very good companies imho...

-----
This is my Nikon. There are many like it, but this one is mine!

G