nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL I Want to Sell topic #108395
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Nikon 200-400 f/4 VR1 Lens" Previous topic | Next topic
JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   New York, US  Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004 Sun 30-Dec-12 08:56 PM
5422 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon 200-400 f/4 VR1 Lens"
Sun 30-Dec-12 10:53 PM by JonK

It's a great lens and I love it, but I have no bird/wirldlife shoots scheduled for the next year or two and I don't use in NYC. So it needs a new loving home. I'm the second owner and it is in excellent shape.

Included: Nikon front cover; Nikon drop-in polarizer; Nikon soft case; WImberley foot; Lenscoat soft cap; third-party hard cap. Free shipping in CONUS. Yours for only $4,650.00.

The lens and accessories (sot case and polarizer not shown):

The label:

The front glass — you are seeing oblique reflections from across the street.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ricko49 Silver Member  Plano, US  Nikonian since 14th Mar 2008 Mon 31-Dec-12 02:49 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon 200-400 f/4 VR1 Lens"
In response to Reply # 0

Could you provide a little more information?  When did you buy
it?  Is it a US or grey market version? Are there any visible
scrtaches or nicks to the body?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   New York, US  Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004 Mon 31-Dec-12 03:12 AM
5422 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon 200-400 f/4 VR1 Lens"
In response to Reply # 1

The serial number is 201027, built somewhere in 2003–2005, and has the red "VR" label. I believe it is a US lens. I acquired it in early 2007. There are virtually no marks of any kind on it.

I've taken it on two bird shoots, in southeast Texas and in the Everglades, and a few times to the Bronx Zoo and into Central Park.

Jon Kandel

bikinchris Silver Member  Broussard, US  Nikonian since 24th Sep 2004 Thu 03-Jan-13 01:43 AM
864 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon 200-400 f/4 VR1 Lens"
In response to Reply # 2

That's a very fair price. I would buy it if I didn't already have one! I paid $4,600 for the same lens with a polarizer but with no case and the factory foot. Your hoods and the foot make it a good deal. Good luck.

Chris
Broussard, LA
http://www.eaglewheel.us/Photo%20Index.htm
My Nikonians Gallery

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   New York, US  Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004 Fri 04-Jan-13 01:00 AM
#4. "RE: Nikon 200-400 f/4 VR1 Lens"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks, Chris!

Jon Kandel

emi_fiend Gold Member Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Poway, US  Nikonian since 28th Jan 2006 Fri 04-Jan-13 09:37 PM
281 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon 200-400 f/4 VR1 Lens"
In response to Reply # 0

e-mail sent

Jim

a San Diego Nikonian

Forums Lobby GENERAL I Want to Sell topic #108395 Previous topic | Next topic