Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8883
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Finally loaded 64 Bit version, CNX2 saga is over, any b..." Previous topic | Next topic
Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Mon 04-Jun-12 03:44 AM
1761 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Finally loaded 64 Bit version, CNX2 saga is over, any big changes?"

West of Santa Monica, US

Hi Folks,

I've been churning image deliveries and did not want to switch gears until the selects were approved, and finessed.

Well, I inadvertently decoupled my PCIe eSATA port and couldn't find any files which would open, so I figured the old version had finally glitched unwaveringly. (Rule one, check the plugs)

The version was from 2010, there were freezes every session, over time, it's loaded the C drive with saves, I still don't recall exactly how to find those data dumps to delete but I digress. (Anyone recall the procedure to ferret these on a PC?)

My workflow assumed the crashes and I never upgraded fearing a worse scenario until yesterday, based upon the many complaints and hours from me exclaiming to NIK what needs to be fixed via Nikon.

2 years ago, towel thrown in by me over non answers although NIK's head guy was sympathetic, so I stopped upgrades as noted and stopped reading this forum.

Well, so far no freezes, and saves are working brilliantly.

Reloaded the CEFX Pro 3 (which the Nikon read me said wouldn't work on 64 bit CNX2, but it does.

One new window so far in NR, there is a box for astro NR.

Is there anything else which has been changed or upgraded?

Any answers are appreciated in advance.

Thanks,

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Tue 05-Jun-12 12:40 AM
12590 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Finally loaded 64 Bit version, CNX2 saga is over, any big changes?"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Rob there was a special update made to the CEP Pro 3 Sw so it would work in 64 bit CNX2, is that what you installed? There are so many improvements to CNX2 it would be hard to list them all here, but just recently they added support for many new cameras and also installed a moire reduction filter under the camera settings. Make sure your CNX2 is ver 2.3.2 and yur CEP 3.0 is ver 3.004. There a re still a few small bugs in CNX2 but it now runs so fast that I don't care.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Tue 05-Jun-12 04:43 AM
1761 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Finally loaded 64 Bit version, CNX2 saga is over, any big changes?"
In response to Reply # 1

West of Santa Monica, US

Bob Hi,

I'll check and see to ferret out the differences then.

Many thanks,

Rob

leterpee Registered since 10th Jul 2012Fri 27-Jul-12 11:51 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Finally loaded 64 Bit version, CNX2 saga is over, any big changes?"
In response to Reply # 1

Orange, AU

Bob,
I had the same problem but the opposite fix - both my Pc and desktop would not run properly on Nx2 ver 2.32 even with the latest version of CEP Pro 3 ver 3.004.Nx2 ran reasonably smoothly until around April when I downloaded the upgrade , then screen lockups, memory leaks etc etc.Sent all my screen dumps to Nikon who after a month can't come up with anything concrete.In the meantime I have reloaded Nx2 ver 2.3 with CEP ver 3.004 and to date it has been quite stable albeit a little slow.Talking to the Aust Nik agent he suspects the culprit could be CEP Pro 3 which Nik has not been involved with for some time.
I love mY CEP as it is an integral part of Nx2- its great to be able to paint on / paint off filter effects,something you can't do with s stand alone CEP Pro 4 (unless you have Shop, which I do and hate !!!).
I think eventiually CEP Pro 3 will become unusable with Nx2 so I have been trying to mimic the filter effects with my own saved adjustments.The one I really need in tonal contrast but can't seem to come up with a alternate in Nx2.
These things said, I would never abandon Nx2 completely as the image quality from RAW files is so much better than PShop.However, of late I have been trialling DxO as a raw processor only and finishing off the TIFs in Nx2

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8883 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.