nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
duxbury

Maplewood, US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
duxbury Registered since 18th Oct 2012
Wed 07-Nov-12 12:15 AM

When I was first using NX2 I added too many descriptive tags in the drop down menu. Is there a way to delete unwanted tags in the program and rebuild the drop down menu with only a few needed tags? Same problem with View NX. Thanks for any and all input.

Gromit44

UK
702 posts

#1. "RE: Removing Tags from CNX2" | In response to Reply # 0

Gromit44 Registered since 04th Jan 2012
Wed 21-Nov-12 02:19 PM

There's a 'delete' button next to the 'add' button in the tag dropdown - you should be able to delete anything in the list you've made.

rbaskin

Ridgefield, US
362 posts

#2. "RE: Removing Tags from CNX2" | In response to Reply # 0

rbaskin Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2007
Thu 22-Nov-12 10:27 PM

As far as I know, you can't edit the keyword list that CNX2 and VNX2 use for the drop down menu from within the software itself.

The 'delete' option refers to the individual images.

In the Windows environment, the keyword list is maintained in the registry and if you're comfortable working there you could edit it. I don't know how or where it's maintained in the Apple world.

There was a thread some time ago about this and it was mentioned that the list was kept buried in the application directory, but I found that it wasn't consistent with the drop down.

I contacted Nikon about this issue and the reply was they 'would consider it for a future update', but I don't think that ever happened.

I do my keywording in Photo Mechanic and when I switched to that I copied my keywords from the registry and put them into PM's list. That list is more easily maintained.

Ralph in CT

duxbury

Maplewood, US
3 posts

#3. "RE: Removing Tags from CNX2" | In response to Reply # 1

Tue 11-Dec-12 01:22 PM

Ralph,

Thank you very much. This sure is a problem for the unexpected. I will look in the Registry and see if I can correct it.

Thanks again
Jim

expat

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT
532 posts

#4. "RE: Removing Tags from CNX2" | In response to Reply # 2

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010
Wed 12-Dec-12 01:36 PM

I agree with Ralph in CT, I have the path recorded somewhere will try to find it if no one beats me to it but it is recorded on the forum somewhere.
It got me nowhere though because even if you delete the kewords from the registry they just come back and keep replicating themselves.
The procedure wasnt hard just not a proper fix.
This was my first reason for purchasing PM as I got the same answer from Nikon, the Nikon agent did to be fair spend some time on it before givng up.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

expat

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT
532 posts

#5. "RE: Removing Tags from CNX2" | In response to Reply # 4

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010
Wed 12-Dec-12 07:59 PM

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Nikon\Capture NX 2\application.cfg
This was where / how I deleted keywords but only subject to my last post above.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

duxbury

Maplewood, US
3 posts

#6. "RE: Removing Tags from CNX2" | In response to Reply # 5

Thu 13-Dec-12 08:10 PM

Expat,

Thank you very much for the information. This is what I was looking for and thought that might solve the problem. From your comments it sound like it would not help at all, however I thank you very much for the information and the reply.

Jim

G