Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9462
View in threaded mode

Subject: "NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5" Previous topic | Next topic
melindapfeiffer Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Wed 10-Oct-12 10:57 PM
174 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5"

Raleigh, US

Is anyone else having this problem? I cannot open NX2 (most current version) as when I do, it just hangs on the splash screen. I eventually have to Force Quit the program. I went so far as to uninstall and reinstall NX2, but it's still messing up. Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melinda

Visit my Gallery: http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/181777/cat/500

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Dave Stilwell Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010Wed 10-Oct-12 11:27 PM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5"
In response to Reply # 0

PEACE RIVER, CA

I had this problem with the old 32 bit version. It usually seemed to run ok on the second try.

melindapfeiffer Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Wed 10-Oct-12 11:32 PM
174 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5"
In response to Reply # 1

Raleigh, US

Nope, unfortunately, that's not the case with my situation. Still hanging. This is most irritating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melinda

Visit my Gallery: http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/181777/cat/500

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 11-Oct-12 07:06 PM
50212 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5"
In response to Reply # 2

East Frisia, DE

Which version do you use ?

Have you download the latest version ?

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

melindapfeiffer Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Thu 11-Oct-12 07:14 PM
#4. "RE: NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5"
In response to Reply # 3

Raleigh, US

Yes,everything is current. I may try to uninstall and reinstall AGAIN. Don't know if that will help or not, but I'm running out of options. It just isn't working at all (and this came on suddenly).

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melinda

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 11-Oct-12 07:35 PM
50212 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5"
In response to Reply # 4

East Frisia, DE

Yes, I would uninstall and reinstall

There is no other way.

Eala Freya Fresena

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Fri 12-Oct-12 02:27 AM
4467 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

WHen you say hang, exactly what happens? Do the menus look funny?

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

melindapfeiffer Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Fri 12-Oct-12 01:02 PM
#7. "RE: NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5"
In response to Reply # 6

Raleigh, US

>WHen you say hang, exactly what happens? Do the menus look
>funny?
>
>Jon Kandel
>A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
>Please visit my website and critique the
>images!

No--it doesn't even open--it just hangs on the splash (opening credits) screen! And, like I said, this came out of the blue. I have done nothing differently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melinda

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 12-Oct-12 08:26 PM
#8. "RE: NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5"
In response to Reply # 7

East Frisia, DE

As mentioned, delete CNX and reinstall

Eala Freya Fresena

melindapfeiffer Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2008Fri 19-Oct-12 04:07 PM
#9. "RE: NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5"
In response to Reply # 8

Raleigh, US

Nope.

I have done this 3 times. It is still hanging.

I guess it's time to call Support.

<sigh>

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melinda

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Sat 20-Oct-12 01:04 AM
4467 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: NX2 hanging in OSX 10.7.5"
In response to Reply # 9

New York, US

I sent you a PM.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9462 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.