Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8784
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Capture NX 1 cannot install on Window 7" Previous topic | Next topic
yelcab Registered since 30th Nov 2006Mon 30-Apr-12 07:15 PM
911 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX 1 cannot install on Window 7"

San carlos, US

I have an official Nikon NX version 1 I bought and installed on my older computer. Worked fine. I upgraded to a newer computer with Window 7 and I cannot install the Capture NX1. During the process, FraneNet was required but did not get installed due to some incompatibility problem. Capture NX continued the installation but will not launch.

What do I do to correctly installe NX1 on Window 7?
Is there an upgrade from CNX1 to CNX2? Does it require the old NX1 to be working before you can load the new one?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Mon 30-Apr-12 07:57 PM
8468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Capture NX 1 cannot install on Window 7"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 30-Apr-12 07:59 PM by ericbowles

Atlanta, US

Capture NX2 is going to be required for Windows 7. There was an upgrade. I'd contact the Nikon Store for assistance with the upgrade. You should be able to just download the software online and then input the product key.

If you upgrade, be sure to hang onto the product key from Capture NX1. I simply registered mine online. It's one of those things that is needed for certain updates.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

expat Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2010Tue 01-May-12 02:56 PM
532 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Capture NX 1 cannot install on Window 7"
In response to Reply # 1

Qawra St Pauls Bay, MT

Eric is the man and I could not comment or come up with an answer but I must give my experience.

Two years ago my laptop came with Win 7 64 bit as standard.
I imediately installed my NX1 from its disc.
One year ago I attempted to install NX2 from an upgrade disc having unistalled NX1 first. This failed until I reinstalled NX1.
The two versions have existed side by side until this week with the proviso (as stated somewhere on FAQs Nikon Support UK)that both should not be opened at the same time.

This week I removed NX1 & NX2 then reinstalled NX2 only, no problem from Nikon web site using the NX2 key.

I think that NX1 must come with the required framework (FW1?)if it is not already present.
Is it therefore possible that the later version of Windows 7 does not allow the framework to be installed as an after thought but an earlier version did?

I kept NX1 on the laptop as a handy comparison reference and because I thought it had to be there, I have now removed it (as part of another different thread where Eric has been helping me)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

glo Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2005Thu 03-May-12 02:54 PM
914 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Capture NX 1 cannot install on Window 7"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu 03-May-12 02:58 PM by glo

Montgomery, US

Mitchell:

Last week I set up a new computer with Windows 7 Home Premium. I had absolutely no problems installing Capture NX (Version 1).

I went to the Nikon software download site:

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

I downloaded and installed 1.3.0 Full Version - Windows.
Then, downloaded and installed 1.3.5 Upgrade.

Somewhere during the install I had to enter my product Key Code. If I remember correctly, the appropriate version of .NET Framework was automatically installed during the process.

I also installed ViewNX 2 and Windows NEF RAW Codec.

All of the above are working great.

Grady
MY GALLERY

sfbillm Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jun 2004Sun 13-May-12 01:02 PM
849 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Capture NX 1 cannot install on Window 7"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 13-May-12 01:08 PM by sfbillm

Santa Fe, US

Which version of Win7 are you running?
And does the CPU in your new computer support virtualization?

Depending on the answers to these questions, you might be able to use the optional but free XP emulation to run CNX1.

But first, try installing CNX1 in XP compatibility mode - you don't need virtualization to do that.

Before you spend time working to get CNX1 working, be aware that when and if you go to a newer Nikon DSLR, you won't be able to process its NEF files in CNX1. You'll need CNX2 for that.

SantaFeBill

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #8784 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.