Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #840
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Nx2 Dual Monitor Setup" Previous topic | Next topic
Brio Registered since 19th Jun 2007Wed 11-Nov-09 06:07 PM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nx2 Dual Monitor Setup"

Vancouver, CA

Just curious as to what might be the optimum setup for using Dual Monitors in NX2
At present I have only the toolbar and edit list on my primary monitor. All other items are on my secondary monitor.
I was wondering if anyone has the edit list on the secondary monitor?

Thanks in advance

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
F1 Fan Registered since 12th Jan 2007Wed 11-Nov-09 06:25 PM
484 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nx2 Dual Monitor Setup"
In response to Reply # 0

St. Louis, US

I use the primary monitor for editing and the secondary for the browser.

I like the edit steps to be next to image being worked on so it is on the Primary.

Mark,
www.MarkHornePhotography.com

Life is short. Live it as an Exclamation, not an Explanation.

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Thu 12-Nov-09 01:02 AM
2670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nx2 Dual Monitor Setup"
In response to Reply # 0

Kingston, CA

I have the image alone on the left monitor and all of the other NX2 windows on the right monitor. This gives me a large image so I can see the details of my edits. I have a habit of hitting Ctrl-0 after opening an image to make it fill the screen. I have saved my dual monitor setup in NX2 as a workspace and have a shortcut of Alt-5 to bring it up. Very handy. Peter

EdT Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2006Mon 16-Nov-09 11:38 PM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nx2 Dual Monitor Setup"
In response to Reply # 2

Wilberforce, AU

I'm with Peter. Picture alone on left, remainder on right.

Ed T

Freewheeler10 Registered since 17th Apr 2008Tue 17-Nov-09 01:13 PM
1105 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nx2 Dual Monitor Setup"
In response to Reply # 3

Englewood, US

>I'm with Peter. Picture alone on left, remainder on right.
>
>Ed T
Me too, but the reason here is that I use an iMac for the left (in my
case, right in front of me) monitor and a salvaged Viewsonic monitor
on the right for tools and so forth. I want the highest quality monitor
for the image.

Photographers' Tea: Earl 18% Grey

http://gallery.me.com/freewheeler
http://freewheeler10.blogspot.com/

WarrenWeldon Registered since 01st Jun 2009Mon 16-Nov-09 11:34 PM
109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nx2 Dual Monitor Setup"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 16-Nov-09 11:35 PM by WarrenWeldon

Albuquerque, US

Hey here is an interesting thought. I was down at my wife's office the other day and she has a bunch of nurses that all have these dual monitor set-ups I mean there are like forty of them !! I was like in monitor heaven ! I was talking to one of the secretaries that has 3 monitors. Since I have been only using duals for a short time I was interested in how they used them also. She happened to mention how they all used the same right left set-up except for the three lefties that did it opposite ! Now they are doing some kind of medical/insurance stuff (ugh) they each did basically the same thing as each other. I did try different setups and I settled on keeping the left screen for the photo I am working on and the HUDs,etc. on the right.

WW

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

TiggerGTO Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2006Wed 18-Nov-09 12:30 AM
2258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nx2 Dual Monitor Setup"
In response to Reply # 0

Apex, US

I'm right handed and unlike the others who have responded, I like to keep the main monitor in front of me and the secondary monitor to the left of it. That way I have the right side of the desk available to place things for easy reach (when it's not totally cluttered with stuff I don't want or need to reach for ).

Danny
A Nikonian in North Carolina

wrighar Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2005Fri 20-Nov-09 05:19 PM
113 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nx2 Dual Monitor Setup"
In response to Reply # 6

GB

Main monitor below (calibrated 22" crt)
Secondary monitor above 20" LCD

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #840 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.