nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Neilmac50

UK
45 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Neilmac50 Registered since 12th Mar 2011
Sat 02-Jul-11 07:56 AM

I have recently bought NX2 to process my RAW files from my D3s but when I go to open them after importing them using Nikon transfer a message pops up saying it 'cannot load file',what am I doing wrong?

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
9292 posts

#1. "RE: won't open NEF files" | In response to Reply # 0

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Sat 02-Jul-11 12:13 PM

Sorry to hear you are having a problem.

Can you walk through exactly what you are doing and when the problem occurs? There are two separate products - Nikon Transfer and Nikon View NX2.

The most likely problem is you need to update the software with the most recent version. The Nikon USA site is the source of software downloads and updates.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Neilmac50

UK
45 posts

#2. "RE: won't open NEF files" | In response to Reply # 1

Neilmac50 Registered since 12th Mar 2011
Sat 02-Jul-11 05:02 PM

Hello Eric,just to let you know I've just done two updates to NX2, 2.26 and 2.27 and its now working fine,thank you for your help its much appreciated.Neil

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
9292 posts

#3. "RE: won't open NEF files" | In response to Reply # 2

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Sat 02-Jul-11 05:52 PM

Great - glad we could help.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

G