Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10131
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free v..." Previous topic | Next topic
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Mon 25-Mar-13 06:23 PM
13153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
Mon 25-Mar-13 06:32 PM by robsb

San Jose, US

If you own a copy of CEP3 for Capture NX2, you will get a surprise in your email today. Google is giving a free upgrade to the Entire NIK filters package to you. This set of plug ins is for Photoshop, Lightroom and Aperture, that used to cost over $450. I have Photoshop so it installed all of the plug ins there. I have not yet tried to see if I can run the programs as standalone with CNX2, but when I do, I will let you know. If someone gets to it before me please post the results here. I am very glad I never bought the complete set before. Google now sells the entire package for around $145 for those who did not buy any of the packages before but is offering the free total upgrade if you had bought ANY of the filters in the past.

Other posts are incorrect about CEP 3.0 for CNX2 not being eligible, it is! I got my entire package this morning and all I own is the CEP 3.0 for CNX2. When you download the Windows package, there is a glitch in that the download does not label itself as an .exe file. and thus will not open. If you add the .exe extension and then double click it will install the plug ins into any Photoshop or Lightroom versions that you have,

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Mon 25-Mar-13 06:44 PM
3731 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 0

Farmington Hills, US

I also have only CEP 3.0 for CNX2. I got the email and downloaded the complete filter set for free. It installed all the plug ins into Photoshop Elements 11, the only Adobe software I have.

I didn't run into any problem just double clicking the downloaded file on my Windows 7 computer. Perhaps they fixed the extension after you downloaded.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Mon 25-Mar-13 11:51 PM
5022 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

I also received the email, did the download and install, and everything seems fine.

Maybe our initial suspicions (some of us, anyway) about the Google purchase of Nik were unfounded…

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Tue 26-Mar-13 12:53 AM
13153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

I did check out a few of the programs as far as moving files to the stand alone versions of the NIK Collection. While I have never been able to make the small Edit List program work in CNX2, I did try setting my open with file to a few of the NIK programs and CNX2 sent a Tiff of a NEF over. The funny thing is VNX2 does have the ability to put a list of open with programs in its program. But when I tried to send NEFs from it to the NIK programs, it would only work if I sent a file that already was a TIFF-very odd.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

gerphil Silver Member Charter MemberTue 26-Mar-13 03:38 PM
174 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 0

Haarlem, NL

Weird - I didn't get this email. Could be that it's just a US offer. I can't even use my existing product key (for CEP 3.0 for Capture CNX2) to get at least a discounted upgrade for existing customers, although I registered my copy already in 2008, despite what the site says (http://www.niksoftware.com/colorefexpro/en/index.php?view=/intro/cep4_upgrade.shtml). I sent an email to NIK to check why this is.

FrankSRGB Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2009Tue 26-Mar-13 03:43 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 4

US

It's been reported than many people are finding the email in their SPAM folder, even Gmail users. Take a look there.

Regards,
Frank

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Tue 26-Mar-13 05:11 PM
3536 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 5
Tue 26-Mar-13 05:12 PM by richardd300

Dyserth, UK

Didn't work for me. I selected download into Photoshop CS5, no good, Elements 11, no good. Lightroom 4, no good and CS5 Bridge, no good! I'm using Windows 7 64bit. It comes up with this message in uploading. I note that the Colour filters have been downloaded too, couldn't find those at all!

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

j4koch Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2011Tue 26-Mar-13 05:39 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 6

US

Received the e-mail and loaded all programs without any problem. I'm also using Windows 7 - 64 bit, but I have Photoshop CS6 with Lightroom 4.2, if that makes a difference.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Tue 26-Mar-13 05:43 PM
3536 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 6

Dyserth, UK

Apologies. Eventually it did load, however I was then really worried as every time I opened an image and selected one of the NIK plug in's I didn't have (I only have Silver EFEX pro) CS5 froze and I had to ctrl>alt>delete and shut CS5 down. However, I rebooted the PC and it all works now....phew!

It hasn't installed into Nikon Capture NX2, but works well in CS5, Lightroom 4, CS5 bridge and Elements 11

Richard

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Wed 27-Mar-13 12:15 AM
#10. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 8

San Jose, US

It will not install into CNX2 is it is not compatible, but if you don't have anything but CNX2, you an use the NIK Collection as a standalone product and sent a TIFF over to the products from CNX2.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

camera"

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Wed 27-Mar-13 06:44 AM
#11. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 10

Dyserth, UK

Thanks Bob. I do have colour efex3 on Capture NX2, but how do I access Efex3 as a stand alone for Capture NX2 please. Otherwise, I suppose it's easier just to process the image via the filter plug in's in CS/Lightroom etc.

Richard

gerphil Silver Member Charter MemberFri 29-Mar-13 05:48 PM
174 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 5

Haarlem, NL

Good news, NIK was so kind to (re?) send the email with download instructions - and the installation was a breeze. Very nice present for this White Easter .

d70click Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Aug 2007Tue 02-Apr-13 04:43 PM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 0

Washington DC, US

I purchased the "Complete Collection" directly from Nik in November '11. It included CEP4. Does this offer from Google include an update to CEP4? I have never owned CEP3 and bought the Complete Collection when Nik offered it at $100 off.
Is there anything of value to me in this offer? Do you know if I would qualify for it?
Thanks, my fellow Nikonians. Your collective knowledge is always a source of wonder and delight to me!

Steve Moore Registered since 25th Nov 2010Tue 02-Apr-13 07:08 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 13

Rock Hill, US

I got the email and downloaded into PSE 11. I do not see HDRefex. Am I missing something, because I thought I saw it during the download?

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Tue 02-Apr-13 07:11 PM
#15. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 13
Tue 02-Apr-13 07:11 PM by richardd300

Dyserth, UK

I don't know if there is any upgrade to CEP3, but because you already own a Nik product (CEP4) the free download will include:

Dfine 2, HDR Efex Pro 2, Sharpener Pro 3 (1) (RAW pre-sharpener), Sharpener Pro 3 (2) Output sharpener, Viveza 2, CEP4. The only qualifying program I have is Silver EFEX Pro 2.

I would assume that if you don't have Silver Efex Pro 2, then you would get that to.

It really is Christmas again

Richard

Steve Moore Registered since 25th Nov 2010Tue 02-Apr-13 07:22 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 15

Rock Hill, US

HDR Efex is not showing up on my filter list after the download. I see everything else. I'm not moaning by any means because of the other freebies, but just wondering.

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Tue 02-Apr-13 07:51 PM
#17. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 16

Dyserth, UK

I suggest you reload the software. I remember now I was missing CEP3on the first pass. It's all there now.

Richard

spiritualized67 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007Fri 05-Apr-13 06:07 PM
3178 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Good News- on the NIK Filter set- You may have a free version coming"
In response to Reply # 0

Western PA, US

Yes, it was in my spam folder.

I use CEP3 for Capture NX2, but also have Elements 6 for Mac.

After download, no changes to NX2 - but all filters/programs are now available under Elements.

Just to confirm, no other programs will work with NX2 other than CEP3.

~Dan
www.danielstainer.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #10131 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.