Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software White Balance & Color

IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic Degrees Kelvin, Color Temperature, and Mired Relationsh...
Degrees Kelvin, Color Temperature, and Mired Relationships Preface T hi
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 29-Jul-14 12:17 AM
by HBB
231121 ---
Pinned topic Additive and Subtractive Colors
Colleagues: I prepared these charts as an aid to a few people I am tutoring in basic co
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 16-May-14 10:26 PM
by HBB
615979 ---
Pinned topic The Promised Color Temperature Test ...
As promised, here is a hastily contrived test of the custom WB color temperature settings
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 28-Sep-13 06:29 PM
by HBB
492810 ---
Pinned topic Welcome to the White Balance and Color forum
Our moderator Hal Becker (HBB) has brought to our attention that the subject of White Bala
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 16-Mar-12 08:00 PM
by PhotoGene47
41268 ---
A general, generic topic Is it worth shooting TIFF images?
I have read a number of posts that suggest it is better to shoot RAW images at 14 bits rat
JBS101 Silver Member 30-Jul-14 12:29 AM
by ScottChapin
494 ---
A general, generic topic expodisc 2.0
Anybody use this? Does it work?
Bill Kennedy Gold Member 29-Jun-14 12:45 AM
by JosephK
589 ---
A general, generic topic Matching Color Output between two Cameras
When shooting say sport teams or an event outdoors and using two different camera bodies w
kulaphotography Silver Member 16-Jun-14 09:39 PM
by four eighty sparky
376 ---
A general, generic topic SPYDER CHECKER - CHICKEN OR EGG ?
I have Spyder Check which I guess is not too much different than Passport Checker. It
largebore Silver Member 31-May-14 08:43 PM
by PBlais
7143 ---
A general, generic topic White balance card or color checker card
What are the practical benefits of any of using a color checker card [ Color checker passp
largebore Silver Member 30-May-14 11:59 PM
by Bravozulu
15603 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Expodisc
I have started using a gray card or Expodisc to set custom WB in mixed lighting and with g
Jamed600 Gold Member 28-Apr-14 01:20 PM
by walkerr
10354 ---
This topic has been locked by a team member EXPOSURE PROBLEMS WITH D60
This topic has been moved by the moderator of this forum.
chowell1 20-Apr-14 01:54 AM
by JosephK
034 ---
A general, generic topic Color Checker Pro Passport
Just wondering how many people are using the Color Checker Pro Passport as part of their c
kulaphotography Silver Member 09-Apr-14 01:58 AM
by PBlais
8237 ---
A general, generic topic X-rite Display Pro and pinkish cast on monitor
Having recently (January 29) acquired a new PC with a 27" display, I thought I'd treat it
Zareeba Gold Member 14-Feb-14 10:21 AM
by Zareeba
2121 ---
A general, generic topic Are we able to set a correct color?
Hi, I have a question. First, take a look at a color illusion sample [link:todayilea
kj_fi Silver Member 01-Jan-14 10:34 PM
by kj_fi
2189 ---
A general, generic topic White Balance and RAW format
Currently I have a d7100 and just ViewNX2 software. I currently shoot uncompressed RAW 14
BobG55 Silver Member 17-Dec-13 03:30 PM
by HBB
16439 ---
This is a hot, active topic! The Perilous Path to "Accurate" Color ...
The two fascinating discusions of "accurate color" versus "correct color" here in the Engl
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 12-Dec-13 06:20 PM
by HBB
341213 ---
A topic tagged as having a question WhiBal Card and Nikon. Take Up The Full Frame?
Hello, I just bought a WhiBal card. I have used it according to instructions and the res
Bela614 Silver Member 08-Dec-13 09:33 PM
by Bela614
6287 ---
A general, generic topic Bluish cast in shadow areas.
I have noticed that all of my photos taken at noon with my D90, the shadows have a bluish
zanxion72 27-Oct-13 10:37 AM
by zanxion72
5253 ---
A general, generic topic White balance and colour rendition
I recently took some photos under fluorescent light after setting the white balance on my
mikru 08-Oct-13 11:08 PM
by ScottChapin
8295 ---
A general, generic topic Colorineter Aging
I've had a Spyder 3 for about 6 years. I vaguely recall reading that colorimeters like thi
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. 22-Sep-13 05:07 PM0116 ---
A general, generic topic Best WB setting for fill-flash?
Hi I use fill-flash a lot. I meter manually and set the camera to that exposure. Then
Kropotkin 15-Sep-13 09:50 PM
by HBB
3239 ---
A general, generic topic Histograms
Hi all, Firstly, hope this is in the right spot!!! I'm trying to learn what I can ab
akdphotos 08-Sep-13 09:05 PM
by KenLPhotos
9354 ---
A general, generic topic Expodisc Use with NEf files?
The Expodisc looks like a reasonable, if expensive, substitute for a gray card. I am no
leonardevens Silver Member 06-Sep-13 01:44 PM
by mel_klim
13676 ---
A topic tagged as having a question HDR and White Balance
Hello, I am planning on doing some HDR photography, a 3 shot exposure. Do I need to chec
Bela614 Silver Member 28-Aug-13 01:40 PM
by Bela614
4179 ---
A topic tagged as having a question WhiBal White Balance Card
Hello, I just ordered a WhiBal white balance card. It is a credit card sized card. I wa
Bela614 Silver Member 23-Aug-13 11:57 PM
by ScottChapin
3218 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Expiry Date Of X-Rite Colour Checker Passport...
Hi, I have just replaced an old X-Rite colourchecker card with the later X-Rite Colour Ch
EnEs63 Silver Member 11-Aug-13 11:35 AM
by marsmail
7371 ---
A general, generic topic I USE GREY CARD.. WILL INCIDENT METER IMPROVE MY EXPOS...
I you a grey card for exposure in all my studio shots as well as a white balancing card.
largebore Silver Member 20-Jul-13 04:10 PM
by largebore
6322 ---
A general, generic topic White balance with 3 different cameras ?
I am a wedding photographer and use 3 cameras between me and my second shooter. D7000, D80
mrpenguin Silver Member 09-Jun-13 01:22 PM
by walkerr
5291 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help How to eliminate green cast when shooting under a tree
Just wondering if anyone could point on how to get this right in camera. Everytime I take
osheyi 27-May-13 01:18 AM
by kodiak photo
8342 ---
A general, generic topic Markins CBL white balance lens
Hi all Im placing an order with Markins this week Q 20 ballhead and some plates and r
hankwt Silver Member 16-May-13 08:00 AM
by jrp
3274 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.