nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public)

IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViews
Pinned topic Third IR Photo Processing Challenge - Anything Goes
It’s the new year and time for the next IR photo processing challenge. The goal of this c
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 29-Jan-15 04:08 PM034
Pinned topic IR Photography Resources
Here is a list of links to posts about IR resources and techniques. IR Lens Database h
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 21-Mar-14 09:08 PM
by InfraEdd
Pinned topic Using LR or ACR for IR images
I've received several e-mails regarding using Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) or Lightroom for infr
walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 25-May-13 04:29 AM
by walkerr
Pinned topic UV photography resources
Here are links to resources and informational posts about UV photography. Overview of
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 16-Sep-12 05:22 PM
by kds315
A general, generic topic Can you salvage this image?
The third photoprocessing challenge is pinned to the top of this thread. The March IR p
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 30-Jan-15 03:56 PM047
A general, generic topic Aerochrome Oregon Red Grass
Some Aerochrome style Oregon Red Grass to warm up your winter blues... http://i mages.ni
NanoMeter 30-Jan-15 03:33 PM
by kds315
A general, generic topic Swurvul IR
Infrared. Swurvul http://images.niko nians.org/galleries/ data/22542/Swurvul_1 280.jpg
NanoMeter 30-Jan-15 03:32 PM
by kds315
A general, generic topic Using Circular Polarizers with IR cameras
Have any of the participants here experimented with using circular polarizers on converted
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 30-Jan-15 03:30 AM
by pixures
A general, generic topic 850nm and UG1
Both of these were white balanced and auto-levels only, no swapping. > added: D7000 broad
NanoMeter 20-Jan-15 04:08 PM
by kds315
A general, generic topic Multispectral TMSB example
A multispectral composite using TMSB (The Mirror's Surface Breaks) software created by the
NanoMeter 20-Jan-15 10:11 AM
by kds315
A general, generic topic Second IR attempt
This is my second IR attempt using my recently 720nm converted D300. Processed using CNX2
gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine 18-Jan-15 03:07 AM
by gpoole
A general, generic topic A cold day at along the Lake Erie Shorline
It was another cold day along the Lake Erie shoreline. The image was shot with a LifePixe
pixures Silver Member18-Jan-15 03:02 AM
by NanoMeter
A topic tagged as having a question I'll be an IR novice soon, 1st question
My D300 will be back from LifePixel in a few days. They did a 720nm conversion and calibr
gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine 10-Jan-15 02:32 AM
by gpoole
A general, generic topic My back yard in IR
This is one of my first test images since I got my D200 back from being converted to IR by
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 09-Jan-15 08:29 PM
by robsb
A general, generic topic Conversion or IR lens filter?
I'd like to try out some false colour IR shots. I understand that camera conversion is the
Gorfy 09-Jan-15 01:09 PM
by Gorfy
A general, generic topic 100mio Year Fossilized Fish multispectral
This is about a fossilized fish approx. 100 Mio years old, using multispectral recording t
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography 09-Jan-15 02:30 AM
by kds315
A topic tagged as having a question Modified D200 IR not compatible with Nikon Control Pro ...
I just tried to connect my modified D200 IR to Control Pro 2, but the software does not re
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 26-Dec-14 09:24 PM
by robsb
A general, generic topic my D200 has been modded
I got word today that lifepixel has finished the mod on my D200, but no shipping data yet.
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 24-Dec-14 05:47 AM
by robsb
A general, generic topic B&W workflow
There are a lot of ways to create B&W images. Vincent Versace has a book on the subject.
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 18-Dec-14 08:11 AM
by kds315
A general, generic topic Driftwood Beach at Jekyll Island
I just got back from a week at Jekyll Island on the Georgia coast. Driftwood Beach is a f
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 18-Dec-14 08:09 AM
by kds315
A general, generic topic Red Corn
I was playing around with my 590nm supercolor camera and captured this image. I wanted spo
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 12-Dec-14 08:02 PM
by ericbowles
A general, generic topic Thank you Rick and Kathy
Thank you Rick and Kathy for your help in evaluating a move to IR. I will be taking my D20
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 12-Dec-14 04:03 PM
by robsb
This is a hot, active topic! Charleston, SC
Just returned from a short trip. I didn't take my regular camera out of the bag. The onl
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit 11-Dec-14 11:52 PM
by Cavy2
A general, generic topic Autofocus Sensitivity at ~700nm?
So, I've been using this little home-brew autofocus assist for really low light that just
dtronvig 05-Dec-14 01:15 PM
by NanoMeter
A general, generic topic UV African Violet
I just received this lens today, the original Nikon 50mm f4 El Nikkor. It has onlt 4 eleme
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library 16-Nov-14 08:29 AM
by kds315
A general, generic topic Gourds in Ultraviolet
2014 gourds shot in ultraviolet, 320nm -to- 400nm range. http://ima ges.nikonians.org/ga
NanoMeter 14-Nov-14 01:22 AM
by NanoMeter
A general, generic topic More UV Mums
For this photo I used an early Nikon 135mm f5.6 EL-Nikkor on a PB4 all on a D70s. The filt
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library 13-Nov-14 01:19 PM
by Leonard62
A general, generic topic Second IR Photo Processing Challenge - Color
I decided to post the second educational photo processing challenge a little early. The c
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 09-Nov-14 09:54 PM
by Cavy2
A general, generic topic Kodaikanal Landscape, IR
Kodaikanal is a small hill-station in South India. D200 IR http://w ww.nikonian
Rohinton_Mehta Silver Member09-Nov-14 07:25 AM
by TerryMc
A general, generic topic At the Poolside, IR
http://www.nikonia ns.org/dcfp/user_fil es/290711.jpg
Rohinton_Mehta Silver Member08-Nov-14 06:16 PM
by elcee