nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public)

IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic Second IR Photo Processing Challenge - Color
I decided to post the second educational photo processing challenge a little early. The c
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 09-Nov-14 09:54 PM
by Cavy2
18320 ---
Pinned topic IR Photography Resources
Here is a list of links to posts about IR resources and techniques. IR Lens Database h
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 21-Mar-14 09:08 PM
by InfraEdd
22202 ---
Pinned topic Using LR or ACR for IR images
I've received several e-mails regarding using Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) or Lightroom for infr
walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 25-May-13 04:29 AM
by walkerr
4990 ---
Pinned topic UV photography resources
Here are links to resources and informational posts about UV photography. Overview of
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 16-Sep-12 05:22 PM
by kds315
21537 ---
A general, generic topic my D200 has been modded
I got word today that lifepixel has finished the mod on my D200, but no shipping data yet.
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 21-Dec-14 02:00 AM
by robsb
231 ---
A general, generic topic B&W workflow
There are a lot of ways to create B&W images. Vincent Versace has a book on the subject.
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 18-Dec-14 08:11 AM
by kds315
695 ---
A general, generic topic Driftwood Beach at Jekyll Island
I just got back from a week at Jekyll Island on the Georgia coast. Driftwood Beach is a f
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 18-Dec-14 08:09 AM
by kds315
7159 ---
A general, generic topic Red Corn
I was playing around with my 590nm supercolor camera and captured this image. I wanted spo
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 12-Dec-14 08:02 PM
by ericbowles
11195 ---
A general, generic topic Thank you Rick and Kathy
Thank you Rick and Kathy for your help in evaluating a move to IR. I will be taking my D20
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 12-Dec-14 04:03 PM
by robsb
8145 ---
A general, generic topic Using Circular Polarizers with IR cameras
Have any of the participants here experimented with using circular polarizers on converted
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 12-Dec-14 11:46 AM029 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Charleston, SC
Just returned from a short trip. I didn't take my regular camera out of the bag. The onl
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit 11-Dec-14 11:52 PM
by Cavy2
27376 ---
A general, generic topic Autofocus Sensitivity at ~700nm?
So, I've been using this little home-brew autofocus assist for really low light that just
dtronvig 05-Dec-14 01:15 PM
by NanoMeter
9191 ---
A general, generic topic UV African Violet
I just received this lens today, the original Nikon 50mm f4 El Nikkor. It has onlt 4 eleme
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library 16-Nov-14 08:29 AM
by kds315
3100 ---
A general, generic topic Gourds in Ultraviolet
2014 gourds shot in ultraviolet, 320nm -to- 400nm range. http://ima ges.nikonians.org/ga
NanoMeter 14-Nov-14 01:22 AM
by NanoMeter
295 ---
A general, generic topic More UV Mums
For this photo I used an early Nikon 135mm f5.6 EL-Nikkor on a PB4 all on a D70s. The filt
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library 13-Nov-14 01:19 PM
by Leonard62
8150 ---
A general, generic topic Kodaikanal Landscape, IR
Kodaikanal is a small hill-station in South India. D200 IR http://w ww.nikonian
Rohinton_Mehta Silver Member09-Nov-14 07:25 AM
by TerryMc
7120 ---
A general, generic topic At the Poolside, IR
http://www.nikonia ns.org/dcfp/user_fil es/290711.jpg
Rohinton_Mehta Silver Member08-Nov-14 06:16 PM
by elcee
267 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Van Sant Covered Bridge
The Van Sant Covered Bridge, also known as the Beaver Dam Bridge is located in Solebury To
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit 06-Nov-14 06:22 AM
by pixures
28360 ---
A general, generic topic At The Park
Not to everyone's taste I'm sure but I find it oddly attractive.
TerryMc Silver Member03-Nov-14 10:10 AM
by kds315
6214 ---
A general, generic topic Church Steeple
Another drive by shot. The steeple in the late afternoon light caught my eye. http://w
pixures Silver Member03-Nov-14 10:09 AM
by kds315
10179 ---
A general, generic topic An old barn in a cornfield
I'm always on the lookout for old barns when driving around on a photo outing. The corn s
pixures Silver Member03-Nov-14 10:09 AM
by kds315
10188 ---
A general, generic topic A few from Cuyahoga Valley NP
I shot these in Cuyahoga Valley NP last week. The first is the Brecksville train statio
pixures Silver Member03-Nov-14 10:08 AM
by kds315
6133 ---
A general, generic topic Announcing the IR Photo Processing Challenge
Because a large portion of the IR photography experience revolves around post-processing,
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 26-Oct-14 01:35 PM
by domer2760
3124 ---
A general, generic topic UV photos of fall Mums
I finally decided to get back to my UV photography after about 3 years. This time I'm usin
Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library 22-Oct-14 06:56 AM
by NanoMeter
6152 ---
A general, generic topic Multispectral Comparison Set
All shot using Nikon D7000 full spectrum converted camera, Kuribayashi 35mm f/3.5 lens. Se
NanoMeter 07-Oct-14 09:06 PM
by NanoMeter
11252 ---
A general, generic topic IR Photo Processing Challenge - Black and White
This is the first of the educational photo processing challenges. The challenge will run t
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 01-Oct-14 08:25 PM
by Cavy2
5198 ---
A general, generic topic Your thoughts please...
After looking at Kathy's (cavy2) IR photographs (and others) I thought I would look into t
trek Silver Member01-Oct-14 03:12 PM
by Thumper_6119
3128 ---
A general, generic topic LAB Channel Swapping
Looking for a step by step instruction for using LAB to channel swap. Thanks.
TerryMc Silver Member01-Oct-14 01:32 PM
by TerryMc
12243 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Kayak on the Delaware
Around Washington Crossing State Park, the Jersey side of the river looking towards the La
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit 01-Oct-14 12:22 PM
by Cavy2
22261 ---
A general, generic topic Old Farmhouse, Wrightstown, PA
I had planned for months to take a picture of this building with the sunset coming through
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit 28-Sep-14 01:54 AM
by Cavy2
15268 ---