Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public)

IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic Announcing the IR Photo Processing Challenge
Because a large portion of the IR photography experience revolves around post-processing,
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 24-Sep-14 02:28 PM
by Cavy2
267 ---
Pinned topic IR Photo Processing Challenge - Black and White
This is the first of the educational photo processing challenges. The challenge will run t
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 22-Sep-14 08:09 PM
by domer2760
4104 ---
Pinned topic IR Photography Resources [View all]
Here is a list of links to posts about IR resources and techniques. IR Lens Database h
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 21-Mar-14 08:08 PM
by InfraEdd
22083 ---
Replies to this topic:
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: IR Photography Resources
iamdachief Silver Member
16th Apr 2012
Reply message RE: IR Photography Resources
ericbowles Moderator
16th Apr 2012
Pinned topic Using LR or ACR for IR images
I've received several e-mails regarding using Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) or Lightroom for infr
walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas 25-May-13 03:29 AM
by walkerr
4910 ---
Pinned topic UV photography resources
Here are links to resources and informational posts about UV photography. Overview of
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 16-Sep-12 04:22 PM
by kds315
21394 ---
A general, generic topic Your thoughts please...
After looking at Kathy's (cavy2) IR photographs (and others) I thought I would look into t
trek Silver Member 30-Sep-14 11:41 PM029 ---
A general, generic topic At The Park
Not to everyone's taste I'm sure but I find it oddly attractive.
TerryMc Silver Member 30-Sep-14 11:17 PM037 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Kayak on the Delaware
Around Washington Crossing State Park, the Jersey side of the river looking towards the La
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit 29-Sep-14 04:37 PM
by cgreg21
21187 ---
A general, generic topic Multispectral Comparison Set
All shot using Nikon D7000 full spectrum converted camera, Kuribayashi 35mm f/3.5 lens. Se
NanoMeter 28-Sep-14 12:57 AM
by Cavy2
10142 ---
A general, generic topic Old Farmhouse, Wrightstown, PA
I had planned for months to take a picture of this building with the sunset coming through
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit 28-Sep-14 12:54 AM
by Cavy2
15197 ---
A general, generic topic A River Runs Through It - Or under it...
A bridge over the Cuyahoga. http:// www.nikonians.org/dc fp/user_files/287046 .jpg
TerryMc Silver Member 25-Sep-14 04:51 PM
by TerryMc
4109 ---
A general, generic topic How the Bee sees you in UV
Well, I wondered how we would look like in UV and hence made a few test shots with sun blo
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography 25-Sep-14 12:25 PM
by kds315
470 ---
A general, generic topic Baader U Filter with Raspberry Pi
Aloha folks, I picked up a 2" Baader U filter and a Nikon AF-1 Gel Filter holder and ju
ordenrahl 25-Sep-14 05:41 AM
by kds315
171 ---
A general, generic topic Walk in the Woods
Photo was taken at the Matthei Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor Michigan. If you look close
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 25-Sep-14 04:52 AM
by NanoMeter
13114 ---
A general, generic topic Its Beginning to Look Like Winter
This was also shot in the NE Ohio Metroparks - the Rocky River Reservation. On a whim dur
pixures Silver Member 23-Sep-14 06:54 PM
by pixures
6103 ---
A general, generic topic LAB Channel Swapping
Looking for a step by step instruction for using LAB to channel swap. Thanks.
TerryMc Silver Member 23-Sep-14 06:49 PM
by pixures
11174 ---
A general, generic topic UV film simulation
I have always been fascinated with the look of some UV film shots that display red areas r
NanoMeter 22-Sep-14 05:16 AM
by NanoMeter
468 ---
A general, generic topic Lake Abram Wetland in the NE Ohio Metropark
Lake Abram Wetland in the NE Ohio Metropark system. Shot with D7100, LifePixel Superc
pixures Silver Member 21-Sep-14 03:40 PM
by TerryMc
574 ---
A general, generic topic Finger Lake Region - New York State
These were shot during a drive by. It was quite cloudy with very little definition to the
pixures Silver Member 21-Sep-14 03:38 PM
by TerryMc
388 ---
A general, generic topic Tea Time
Or Tee Time.... http ://www.nikonians.org /dcfp/user_files/286 504.jpg
TerryMc Silver Member 21-Sep-14 03:30 PM
by TerryMc
580 ---
A general, generic topic End of the Line
Gave the 14-24 lens a spin on the IR body. My trusty 18-200 is in for repair. One of
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit 19-Sep-14 07:27 PM
by Cavy2
18242 ---
A general, generic topic Best body to have converted for IR
What is the best body to have converted to IR? It seems that at one time it was a D70???
Stradibarrius Silver Member 19-Sep-14 02:24 PM
by jdroach
6147 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Bryn Athyn Cathedral
I've been waiting for some interesting clouds, and some time to take some IR shots at this
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit 18-Sep-14 03:54 PM
by jdroach
36294 ---
A general, generic topic any difference between 1.25 inch/2 inch Baader U filter...
Aloha! Quick question for you folks, besides the actual size of the filter is there any
ordenrahl 16-Sep-14 07:23 PM
by kds315
453 ---
A general, generic topic UG1 UV-Only Stacking, BG40 vs BG38
One of the best and least expensive UV-only filter stacks uses Schott UG1 glass. Here is
NanoMeter 13-Sep-14 03:48 AM084 ---
A general, generic topic Martian Bridge
Steve's (Nanometer's) recent post showing Mars in the night sky reminded me of this photo.
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 08-Sep-14 08:33 PM
by kds315
7193 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help Assistance Needed
Attached are two pictures. What I'm trying to do is take the color of the bridge in the 1s
TerryMc Silver Member 08-Sep-14 12:21 PM055 ---
A general, generic topic Fair View
From a road trip. D70s|ISO400|F8|1 \320 http://w ww.nikonians.org/dcf p/user_files
TerryMc Silver Member 07-Sep-14 01:41 AM
by domer2760
598 ---
A general, generic topic Leaves - Light and Shadow
Just wanted to share a color infrared image of some leaves in a sun puddle. This was taken
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 07-Sep-14 01:31 AM
by domer2760
18302 ---
A general, generic topic A Schott UG5 Trick
Here we have two photos. One was shot with a Baader U, and the other was shot with a UG5
NanoMeter 04-Sep-14 03:06 AM061 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.