Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Aviation

IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic Welcome to the Aviation Photography Forum
Airplanes, helicopters, dirigibles and hot-air balloons; hangars and airfields; pilots; ai
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 24-Jun-13 11:33 PM
by Hooby
545042 ---
Pinned topic PLEASE READ: Maximum # of Photos/Links in a Post!
Hi Folks, Just a refresh of this post so it hits everyone's Read New - we're seeing man
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine 07-Sep-11 01:49 PM02022 ---
A general, generic topic Looking for a recommendation
I'm heading out to the annual Mid-Atlantic Air Museum's WWII Weekend (http://maam.org/maa m
gobigdave Silver Member 20-Apr-14 10:48 AM
by gobigdave
9112 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help Loss of Three-Dimensionality
I understand that when looking at certain objects (aircraft wing)from straight angles the
Aerosur 18-Apr-14 07:21 PM
by Aerosur
246 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Accurate representation of aircraft.
Would like to know what you consider a accurate representation of an aircraft in a photo.
Aerosur 10-Apr-14 06:23 AM
by briantilley
5127 ---
A general, generic topic CT-2 skylark
Looks like a one off , the tail logo was for " glue angles " a group of composite Parts /
nikonus Gold Member 08-Apr-14 02:40 AM
by ScottChapin
281 ---
A general, generic topic Delta
Shot with a D300 and 18-200 at the Spokane, Washington, airport in January. Randy
Floridian Silver Member 06-Apr-14 01:19 AM
by Floridian
6135 ---
A general, generic topic Warbirds Spend Time Down South Too!
It's not just "snowbirds" that spend time down south to escape the winter weather. Warbird
shotglass Gold Member 03-Apr-14 07:15 PM
by shotglass
14231 ---
A general, generic topic Very unusual...
Thanks to everyone for the comments on my photo of the DreamLifter a few weeks ago. It is
Floridian Silver Member 01-Apr-14 09:44 PM
by Floridian
7171 ---
A general, generic topic Apollo 7
This is another photo from the Frontiers of Flight Museum. The Apollo 7 Command Module -
gmth Gold Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. 31-Mar-14 12:12 AM
by MEMcD
4107 ---
A general, generic topic Braniff Big Orange
I took this photo several months ago at the Frontiers of Flight Museum at Dallas Love Fiel
gmth Gold Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. 30-Mar-14 11:56 PM
by MEMcD
2105 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Your Preference please...
I remember a aviation photographer (that I would used to ask a lot of ?s to) and he told m
Aerosur 28-Mar-14 12:10 AM
by golfercat
6118 ---
A general, generic topic Bothersome?
Hate to keep asking questions like these, but is there anything bothersome, or missing fro
Aerosur 27-Mar-14 08:19 PM
by JosephK
8183 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Awkward placement/position?
I circled the parts that I would like you to look at. Basically anything awkward position
Aerosur 24-Mar-14 11:46 PM
by mkbee1
12245 ---
A general, generic topic Dreamlifter
Taken in Charleston, South Carolina. Boeing has a facility there that manufactures 787s a
Floridian Silver Member 24-Mar-14 02:53 PM
by MEMcD
16262 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Camera Settings?
Camera Nikon D800 Exposure (1/16 0) Aperture f/8.0 Focal Length 380
Paul Humphries 10-Mar-14 09:29 PM
by PSAGuy
8221 ---
A general, generic topic Approach
Comments would be appreciated.
jgrobitaille Silver Member 06-Mar-14 11:06 PM
by jgrobitaille
12266 ---
A general, generic topic Acceptable level of Prop Blur
Hope some of our Verterns could help me out, But what is acceptable level of Prop Blur. I
Aerosur 04-Mar-14 09:18 PM
by Asgard
8327 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Is the angle pleasing to look at?
I have these two photos. They are more of a 3/4 quarter shot, and was wondering if they ar
Aerosur 27-Feb-14 08:30 PM
by JosephK
1117 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Does it work III
Does this crop of the aircraft work? I cut out the landing gear, but I think its successfu
Aerosur 27-Feb-14 08:22 PM
by JosephK
188 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Does it work II
Was wondering if the following photo works. I know the contrast is a bit flat, but I think
Aerosur 27-Feb-14 08:13 PM
by JosephK
597 ---
A general, generic topic Compostion okay?
I think the composition is successful. Just wanted to get some general thoughts, also anyt
Aerosur 27-Feb-14 05:17 PM
by Aerosur
4130 ---
A general, generic topic open the curtain
solaner 22-Feb-14 08:44 AM
by solaner
6206 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Sufficient contrast
Took this the other day near Watson Island. The photo is cropped already, but no contrast,
Aerosur 21-Feb-14 06:29 PM
by ScottChapin
12250 ---
A general, generic topic Historic Aircraft in Washington State
It's nice to live in the Puget Sound area where there a a lot of indoor aircraft exhibits
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. 20-Feb-14 07:05 AM
by MEMcD
4172 ---
A general, generic topic DFW Arrivals...
I was over at the DFW observation area this evening. A few of the shots are below. [fon
gmth Gold Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. 15-Feb-14 09:59 PM
by gmth
11243 ---
A general, generic topic Cool job
I apologize in advance if this was posted before: http://ww w.youtube.com/watch? v=OTpz8m
nhorvat2 Silver Member 15-Feb-14 03:53 PM
by MEMcD
5237 ---
A general, generic topic BA 747 departure...
Last Saturday evening I went to DFW Airport primarily to shoot the BA 747 departure. The w
gmth Gold Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. 15-Feb-14 03:49 PM
by MEMcD
3171 ---
A general, generic topic Zlin Z-50 take-off
These two images are of my brother taking off in his Zlin Z-50 to fly an unlimited aerobat
robcran Silver Member 02-Feb-14 11:06 PM
by robcran
9278 ---
A topic tagged as having a question General question
Are the aircraft (all three images attached) balanced, even though the left/right horizon
Aerosur 30-Jan-14 05:16 PM
by briantilley
10267 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.