nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby IMAGE SHARING - POST PICTURES FORUMS Black & White / Film & Digital

IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic Black & White / Film and Digital
When thinking about photography as art, B&W comes immediately to mind. So strongly that w
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 16-Jan-14 02:42 AM
by Argyll
406486 ---
Pinned topic Special Edition Photo Contest
I am pleased to announce we are holding a [link:www.nikonians. org/forums/dcboard.p hp?az=sh
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 01-Dec-13 01:46 AM0164 ---
Pinned topic On uploading and linking
This is to signal that there is an excellent and quite definitive article on uploading and
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. 20-Nov-09 08:41 PM0898 ---
Pinned topic Posting Images for Critique or Comments
Nikonians is a teaching/learning community. As such, when asking for critique or comments
DWGimages Moderator Awarded for his skills and knowledge in various areas, including Nude Photography 23-Jan-09 02:47 PM01751 ---
A general, generic topic Agathla Peak...again!
I really love the art of the black and white photograph. This forum is a little too dorma
DaynLarz Silver Member22-Dec-14 02:39 AM
by DaynLarz
546 ---
A general, generic topic Fall Aspens
Both these images are from a wonderful area called Ohio Pass which is between Gunnison and
markgreenberg Silver Member20-Dec-14 01:59 PM
by aolander
231 ---
A general, generic topic A trip documented - Central Colorado
LR5.7, Silver Efex Pro Enjoy, C&C welcomed. Dale. The Stare. D810, 24-70 f/2
Dgastrong Gold Member17-Dec-14 04:30 PM
by Dgastrong
677 ---
A general, generic topic Over The Top
I walked past the Greek Revival-inspired Josiah Talbot Historic House in Bristol the other
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine 17-Dec-14 04:11 PM
by Covey22
260 ---
A general, generic topic Shipmates
One of the young men who became friends with my son during boot camp didn't have any famil
James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography 13-Dec-14 09:04 PM
by James23p
561 ---
A general, generic topic The Lighting Storm
Yesterday I was reviewing some past images and found this one from July 30, 2012 when I ph
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 13-Dec-14 11:00 AM
by dagoldst
19201 ---
A general, generic topic Tried to shoot basketball
http://images.nikoni ans.org/galleries/da ta/27589/DSC_000759. jpg htt
zeldawn 29-Nov-14 01:56 AM
by zeldawn
4104 ---
A general, generic topic Kids in profile
My 11 year old grand daughter was using my D600 last night at a family gathering. She too
Kadmos Silver Member27-Nov-14 01:19 PM
by Kadmos
8121 ---
A general, generic topic Baltimore Inner Harbor on a Beautiful Labor Day Week-en...
I captured this with my trusty Coolpix P7000 September 2013 while taking a morning water t
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 23-Nov-14 11:28 PM
by jdroach
8152 ---
A general, generic topic 1934 Chevrolet Hood Ornament - Oroville, California (5/...
This was taken at the Show ’n’ Shine Car Show in downtown Oroville. Comment s are welcom
Bob32 Silver Member23-Nov-14 04:52 PM
by Bob32
10157 ---
A general, generic topic Filipino Beauty
On a recent trip to the Philippines photographed this young girl, her face aglow from the
DaynLarz Silver Member23-Nov-14 01:18 PM
by DaynLarz
497 ---
A general, generic topic Who will find one?
I have got no idea about a title. http://www .nikonians.org/dcfp/ user_files/291711.jp g
Ineluki Gold Member21-Nov-14 07:06 AM
by Ineluki
8123 ---
A general, generic topic (ok, not so) Spooky Trees
This was an impromptu shot outside, without a tripod.* I'm fairly sure the ISO was respons
elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement 20-Nov-14 10:13 PM
by elcee
266 ---
A general, generic topic Shot into window.Seemless tiling ;
http://www.nikon ians.org/dcfp/user_f iles/291587.jpg
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 20-Nov-14 01:32 AM
by KenLPhotos
258 ---
A general, generic topic Silver Dollar Saloon - Butte, Montana (9/23/2014)
Silver Dollar Saloon - Butte, Montana (9/23/2014) I recently returned from a vacation tri
Bob32 Silver Member19-Nov-14 04:36 PM
by Bob32
6146 ---
A general, generic topic Peller Estates Winery - comments
I don't do a lot of b/w and would like any comments on how to improve the image. This wa
Tallow Silver Member19-Nov-14 01:53 AM
by jdroach
20187 ---
A general, generic topic Wooden Structure
The inside of an old boat building facility building the 40's. http://www. nikonians.org
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 18-Nov-14 02:20 PM032 ---
A general, generic topic Stranger in my window
These are starting to come inside the house now that it's getting cold at night. I saw th
Dgastrong Gold Member17-Nov-14 01:42 PM
by Dgastrong
8132 ---
A general, generic topic Abandoned buildings - Lordsburg, New Mexico (4/18/2008)
A few years ago I visited Lordsburg, New Mexico with a good friend who spent part of her g
Bob32 Silver Member15-Nov-14 07:26 AM
by Bob32
2101 ---
A general, generic topic Cream toned B&W conversion
D610, ISO 1600 - LR5.6 creamtone preset http://www .nikonians.org/dcfp/ user_files/290805
dagoldst Gold Member09-Nov-14 10:53 PM
by Asgard
166 ---
A general, generic topic Memphis Mississippi Bridges in BW
Did a little BW work in LR, Photoshop CC and added a boarder in Perfect Effects 8. Jim
James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography 07-Nov-14 11:21 AM
by James23p
492 ---
A general, generic topic Not Ready For Winter
Walking with my boys and dogs and came upon this tree.. Color and B&W both in Photo I To
rnagel Silver Member05-Nov-14 07:15 PM
by Asgard
169 ---
A general, generic topic Ely's Mill Barn
Some barns at the Ely's Mill complex near Gatlinburg, TN. Converted in Silver EfexPro usin
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 04-Nov-14 02:07 AM
by mklass
10167 ---
A general, generic topic Don't Yank My Chain/Dim Bulb
Scrolling through my folders, looking for something else, I stumbled on this image of a li
elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement 30-Oct-14 08:24 PM
by Bob32
173 ---
This is a hot, active topic! A Simple Truth
Finally made it to the Martin Luther King Memorial in Washington. Lots of tourists milling
augustf Gold Member30-Oct-14 08:12 PM
by PBlais
24345 ---
A general, generic topic Camera-scape
; OLD Minolta "A".Camera/lens ; Nikon D7000 w old Tamron 90mm f2.5 http://www.n ikonians
Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 29-Oct-14 02:02 AM052 ---