nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public)
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic December Contest – Abstracts
This month’s challenge is "Abstracts” Close-up shooting is a great way to crea
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 18-Dec-14 10:24 PM
by markgreenberg
24462 ---
Pinned topic Vote now: November - “Water Drops”
Please vote now for your favorite images! Our members are at the center of all of our mont
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 02-Dec-14 05:02 AM
by fivesense
2305 ---
Pinned topic Macro Photography Tips and Tricks
Below are links to articles and threads of interest to macro photographers. Articles
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 16-Sep-12 10:55 PM
by kenuck
76710 ---
A general, generic topic How's this?
I've never done this before, so not really sure what's a good result and what isn't. This
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas 19-Dec-14 08:35 PM
by reynja
2109 ---
A general, generic topic Close Up Wishes
Just wanted to pass along my best wishes to all my friends at the Nikonians. It's been a
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 18-Dec-14 04:06 AM
by Dgastrong
183 ---
A general, generic topic Dragons
Those two recent shots of dragonflies made me recall a squadron of those critters I once
Hycgelac Silver Member16-Dec-14 06:44 AM
by jrp
8157 ---
A general, generic topic Some spiders & a beetle
Some recent ones. Just the D300 & Tamron 60 f2 + Kenko tubes with diffused SB800 on bracke
TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums. 15-Dec-14 07:53 PM
by TEITZY
10151 ---
A general, generic topic ring flash
Can anyone suggest a good ring flash for macro photography. I have looked at many pricing
PhotoNoni Silver Member15-Dec-14 12:42 AM
by blw
4124 ---
A general, generic topic Ring-necked mirror
I hope Percy Parrot doesn't mind me abusing his eyeball, but I thought I would try the ref
Hessy Gold Member14-Dec-14 10:21 AM
by Hessy
8116 ---
A general, generic topic Red Moth
Caught this fellow in a shadow but his markings fascinated me. D300 with Nikkor 28-300 at
Hycgelac Silver Member13-Dec-14 08:41 PM
by kenray
4109 ---
A general, generic topic What happens when you use a TC with a micro/macro lens?
I have the older Sigma 150/2.8 non OS macro lens. I also have the Nikkor 60/2.8D and 105/
nikon37814 Silver Member10-Dec-14 01:30 PM
by nkcllewis
6270 ---
A general, generic topic Practicing close-up shot
I shot this handheld, waiting for the budget to get decent tripod.. http:/ /images.nik
zeldawn 10-Dec-14 05:39 AM
by elcee
8179 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Congratulations AUMike!
Congratulations AUMike! Please join me in congratulating Mike McLain for his winning c
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 06-Dec-14 01:51 AM
by AUMike
21241 ---
A general, generic topic First Snowfall
Snowed about 1½" last night..... nice soft powder. Finally decided to get out in the cold
four eighty sparky Silver Member04-Dec-14 12:19 AM
by PBlais
3205 ---
A general, generic topic Reflections.
Had to try this... Ray D800 E 500mm f4 + TC14E @ 700mm f8 1/250 ISO800 http://www.n iko
Hessy Gold Member03-Dec-14 11:14 PM
by Hessy
4139 ---
This is a hot topic – It has been locked by a team member November Contest - Water Drops
The November contest theme is Water Drops, selected by September winner Mark Kraus. Wat
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 30-Nov-14 08:10 AM
by lastdaylight
44777 ---
A general, generic topic Leaf - Low Key
LarryC (eLCee) suggested shooting my high-key leaf subjects in low key. It seemed like a g
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 29-Nov-14 07:12 AM
by jrp
15256 ---
A general, generic topic Thanksgiving Morning
I'm thankful we only got a foot of snow last night. As some of you know,it can always be
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 28-Nov-14 08:48 PM
by domer2760
5165 ---
A general, generic topic Dragonfly challenge.
These guys wouldn't be still long enough to use a tripod. Ray D3S 500mm f4 + TC14E ha
Hessy Gold Member28-Nov-14 12:48 AM
by Hessy
10205 ---
A general, generic topic Leaves Closeup
This weekend I brought in a few leaves and photographed them using a high key approach. Ce
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 18-Nov-14 09:59 PM
by domer2760
19238 ---
A general, generic topic Hippiastrum - focus stack
We have some of these growing around the house, I thought I would try a focus stack - have
Hessy Gold Member17-Nov-14 12:58 PM
by Hessy
10312 ---
A general, generic topic cornflower on lightbox
http://www.nikonia ns.org/dcfp/user_fil es/289653.jpg
scenario Silver Member17-Nov-14 04:05 AM
by LeanderTX79
5227 ---
A general, generic topic A Banana with no Banana
Taken today at a local park The true orientation is clockwise 90 degrees , the spider goi
massulo Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 16-Nov-14 02:29 PM
by massulo
11249 ---
A general, generic topic Praying Mantis
It's been nice and warm the past couple of days. So nice, a Praying Mantis came out for a
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit 16-Nov-14 02:22 PM
by Bluejs75
16230 ---
A general, generic topic Fern - close up
When going through the archives I found this photo, that I never posted. It was taken duri
henbo Silver Member16-Nov-14 02:13 PM075 ---
A general, generic topic Congratulations pipco
Please join me in congratulating Mark Kraus for his winning capture in the “Monochrome” co
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 09-Nov-14 06:42 PM
by lastdaylight
10206 ---
This topic has been locked by a team member Vote Now - October Challenge: Bokeh
Please vote for the October Challenge winner. Here are the finalist images selected by Se
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 07-Nov-14 10:20 AM0576 ---
A general, generic topic ????
We're almost a full week into November and no November contest theme, no selection of fina
jtmcg Gold Member06-Nov-14 04:24 PM
by dm1dave
1132 ---
A general, generic topic Strange insect?
Took this pic while I was away in the caravan last week, does anyone know what it is? Ray
Hessy Gold Member02-Nov-14 11:15 PM
by Hessy
6280 ---
A general, generic topic web update
Hi friends, Just wanted to let you all know I've added some cool, yet unusual shots to m
pasknucklehead Silver Member01-Nov-14 02:54 AM
by ctdrummer
10266 ---