Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public)
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic November Contest - Water Drops
The November contest theme is Water Drops, selected by September winner Mark Kraus. Wat
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 19-Nov-14 02:14 PM
by Danygraig
34590 ---
Pinned topic Vote Now - October Challenge: Bokeh
Please vote for the October Challenge winner. Here are the finalist images selected by Se
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 07-Nov-14 10:20 AM0401 ---
Pinned topic Macro Photography Tips and Tricks
Below are links to articles and threads of interest to macro photographers. Articles
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 16-Sep-12 10:55 PM
by kenuck
76636 ---
A general, generic topic Leaf - Low Key
LarryC (eLCee) suggested shooting my high-key leaf subjects in low key. It seemed like a g
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 22-Nov-14 02:09 AM
by domer2760
12117 ---
A general, generic topic What happens when you use a TC with a micro/macro lens?
I have the older Sigma 150/2.8 non OS macro lens. I also have the Nikkor 60/2.8D and 105/
nikon37814 Silver Member20-Nov-14 01:01 PM
by aolander
3106 ---
A general, generic topic Leaves Closeup
This weekend I brought in a few leaves and photographed them using a high key approach. Ce
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. 18-Nov-14 09:59 PM
by domer2760
19169 ---
A general, generic topic Hippiastrum - focus stack
We have some of these growing around the house, I thought I would try a focus stack - have
Hessy Gold Member17-Nov-14 12:58 PM
by Hessy
10272 ---
A general, generic topic cornflower on lightbox
http://www.nikonia ns.org/dcfp/user_fil es/289653.jpg
scenario Silver Member17-Nov-14 04:05 AM
by LeanderTX79
5173 ---
A general, generic topic First Snowfall
Snowed about 1½" last night..... nice soft powder. Finally decided to get out in the cold
four eighty sparky Silver Member16-Nov-14 10:07 PM
by Asgard
194 ---
A general, generic topic A Banana with no Banana
Taken today at a local park The true orientation is clockwise 90 degrees , the spider goi
massulo Gold Member16-Nov-14 02:29 PM
by massulo
11208 ---
A general, generic topic Praying Mantis
It's been nice and warm the past couple of days. So nice, a Praying Mantis came out for a
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit 16-Nov-14 02:22 PM
by Bluejs75
16179 ---
A general, generic topic Fern - close up
When going through the archives I found this photo, that I never posted. It was taken duri
henbo Silver Member16-Nov-14 02:13 PM048 ---
A general, generic topic Congratulations pipco
Please join me in congratulating Mark Kraus for his winning capture in the “Monochrome” co
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 09-Nov-14 06:42 PM
by lastdaylight
10170 ---
A general, generic topic ????
We're almost a full week into November and no November contest theme, no selection of fina
jtmcg Gold Member06-Nov-14 04:24 PM
by dm1dave
1111 ---
A general, generic topic Strange insect?
Took this pic while I was away in the caravan last week, does anyone know what it is? Ray
Hessy Gold Member02-Nov-14 11:15 PM
by Hessy
6242 ---
A general, generic topic web update
Hi friends, Just wanted to let you all know I've added some cool, yet unusual shots to m
pasknucklehead Silver Member01-Nov-14 02:54 AM
by ctdrummer
10235 ---
A general, generic topic Cracked open
I am not sure of the origin of the seed-capsule. 20-Stack D810 ISO-80 f8 1/25 105mm Nik
AartPapaya Silver Member31-Oct-14 07:15 PM
by AartPapaya
7243 ---
This is a hot, active topic! October Challenge - Bokeh
The theme of the September contest is "Bokeh" - selected by John Kirkpatrick (natashadak)
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 31-Oct-14 05:36 PM
by KenLPhotos
1411373 ---
This topic has been locked by a team member Vote Now - September Challenge: Monochrome
Here are the finalist images selected by John Kirkpatrick (natashadak). There were a lot
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 31-Oct-14 11:23 AM0391 ---
A general, generic topic Have you guys heard of John Hallmen ?!;
https://www.flickr.c om/photos/johnhallme n/3099207262/in/set- 72157604592459772
Larry E30 Silver Member29-Oct-14 12:58 PM
by AartPapaya
3149 ---
A general, generic topic Dragonfly with Sigma 50-500
Hi all. I haven't posted much for a while as I have been busy selling my California hou
jgould2 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. 24-Oct-14 04:38 PM
by jgould2
16289 ---
A general, generic topic Leafhoppers
Been a bit a dull day 'bug-wise' at my usual spots so I lay down in my garden and tried to
sevendayimages Silver Member24-Oct-14 09:24 AM
by sevendayimages
2104 ---
A general, generic topic FT-1 and Nikon bellows PB-6
Readers might be interested to know that Nikon obviously intended the FT-1 to be usable wi
PeterBeckett Gold Member23-Oct-14 02:22 PM
by anabasis
2175 ---
A general, generic topic Grasshopper in B&W ?
Hiya all, Normally I don't convert macro shots quick to b&w, but with this one it seems
sevendayimages Silver Member23-Oct-14 10:34 AM
by sevendayimages
9165 ---
A general, generic topic Comin' off the ropes like Jimmy Snuka!
Caught this girl right off my front porch one evening, letting the pup out. Literally hang
Matthew Gregory Silver Member23-Oct-14 03:02 AM
by Matthew Gregory
9189 ---
A general, generic topic Congratulations - August Macro Contest Winner John Kirk...
Congratulations to August contest winner John Kirkpatrick (natashadak) for his winning ima
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 23-Oct-14 02:27 AM
by pasknucklehead
8197 ---
A general, generic topic Wild Iris
A very hardy Iris, the individual flowers do not last long but they keep on flowering. D3
AartPapaya Silver Member21-Oct-14 11:05 AM
by AartPapaya
6163 ---
A general, generic topic Pearls
Playing with a new lens and new technique. I used the focus stacking technique through
anabasis Silver Member18-Oct-14 12:51 AM
by pasknucklehead
3136 ---
A general, generic topic Extension Tubes
Does anyone use them, and if so how do you like them? Chris
cgreg21 Gold Member17-Oct-14 01:03 PM
by cgreg21
7187 ---
A general, generic topic Dragon fly shots.
I don't know if this can be called macro. I used my 500mm f4 (macro lens??? ha-ha). Use w
Hessy Gold Member16-Oct-14 05:00 PM
by Hessy
13173 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.