Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public)
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic September Contest - Monochrome
The theme of the September contest is "Monochrome" - selected by Chris Brown (shipsupt) wi
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 17-Sep-14 10:41 PM
by Dubes
49594 ---
Pinned topic Vote Now - August Finalists Borders and Edges
Here are the finalist images selected by July winner Chris Brown (shipsupt) Living on t
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 03-Sep-14 07:49 PM0294 ---
Pinned topic Macro Photography Tips and Tricks
Below are links to articles and threads of interest to macro photographers. Articles
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 16-Sep-12 09:55 PM
by kenuck
76400 ---
A general, generic topic Adapter for old Carl Zeiss lens 85. 1.4 arrived today
Still working out the manual focus, but it is pretty cool! Love the Bokeh. 1 http://w
julieo Silver Member 17-Sep-14 09:59 PM013 ---
A general, generic topic Orchids
Nikon D800, Tamron 90mm, ISO 250, f 14, 2.0 sec There is a Kansas City business called
markgreenberg Silver Member 17-Sep-14 01:17 PM
by markgreenberg
7100 ---
A general, generic topic Floral Close-ups
Two old shots revisited. The center of flowers almost become a separate image as in the c
Hycgelac Silver Member 16-Sep-14 09:58 AM
by philipl
696 ---
A general, generic topic Kind of Spider on other side of Pond
Title is a bit tricky,,,but Jean-luc posted a shot of a spider he was trying to identify.
elec164 Silver Member 16-Sep-14 01:23 AM
by RogerBrowne
5108 ---
A general, generic topic Lensbaby with extension tubes
I'm in Trader Joes and right away they have the flowers for sale. $3.99 for a bunch. I'm
PBlais Silver Member 16-Sep-14 12:35 AM032 ---
A general, generic topic Smoke Rainbow
Nikon D800, Nikon 35-70mm at 70mm, ISO 100, f 11, 1/125 I decided to try smoke photogra
markgreenberg Silver Member 14-Sep-14 11:21 PM
by TerryMc
285 ---
A general, generic topic After the rain
D300, 75-150 Series E, 4t used on 1 and 2 http://www.niko nians.org/dcfp/user_ files/2832
LightMeter Silver Member 14-Sep-14 09:13 PM
by schatzi
13342 ---
A general, generic topic Getting Down with Macro!
I had a lot of fun playing with a very shallow DOF on this shot. These feathers are tiny.
owl Platinum Member 14-Sep-14 05:33 PM
by Asgard
286 ---
A general, generic topic Who is this?
A couple of days ago I bought this interesting plant. For some reason I guess it is from A
AartPapaya Silver Member 14-Sep-14 01:06 PM
by AartPapaya
8140 ---
A general, generic topic Frozen Leaves
Last fall I collected a few leaves and placed them in a bowl of water. The bowl was place
markgreenberg Silver Member 13-Sep-14 05:43 PM
by AartPapaya
8146 ---
A general, generic topic what kind of spider is this?
shot in my garden. 3 shots stacked. Needed more shots but could not get more because of th
geneluck Silver Member 12-Sep-14 09:09 PM
by nkcllewis
7113 ---
A general, generic topic mmmm....yummy.....
I shot this in my workshop window. I was photographing the dead wasp when a fly obligingl
stevezz1 Silver Member 12-Sep-14 01:09 AM
by nkcllewis
12319 ---
A general, generic topic Sunflower
Taken with Nikon D800, 28-300 at 200mm, ISO 6400, 1/80s, f/16, -1.3 EV, Aperture Priority.
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. 11-Sep-14 06:19 PM048 ---
A general, generic topic focus stacking not possible with latest version Photosh...
greetings, This is edited to advise that Adobe acknowledges a bug in their latest version
nkcllewis Silver Member 11-Sep-14 04:36 PM
by nkcllewis
3123 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Df with Bellows
I'm looking for an economical way to copy a lot of slides. I'd like to use my Df with a be
Drbee Silver Member 11-Sep-14 01:21 PM
by Matto
24238 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Not your average flower shot
This one's a little different. Hard to keep things like the tripod out of the frame! h
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas 09-Sep-14 11:33 PM
by TerryMc
22394 ---
A general, generic topic Owlfly
D800, 200mm macro, natural light, f16, 0.8 sec, Uni-loc tripod, cable, MLU... Resting on
LeanderTX79 Silver Member 09-Sep-14 08:04 PM
by stevezz1
3127 ---
A general, generic topic Purple and Green
http://www.nikonia ns.org/dcfp/user_fil es/285667.jpg Nik on D800, Nikon 200mm, ISO 100,
markgreenberg Silver Member 09-Sep-14 06:12 PM
by cosmicfires
374 ---
A general, generic topic Congratulations to July contest winner Chris Brown
Congratulations to Chris Brown (shipsupt) for his winning image "Let Me Out”. This is
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 08-Sep-14 07:05 PM
by dwr857
12142 ---
A general, generic topic Why, hello there
Spinybacked Orbweaver. Nikon d600 shot with a 50mm lens on a reverse plate. Flash unit po
julieo Silver Member 06-Sep-14 07:54 AM
by jrp
8174 ---
A general, generic topic Kirk FR-2 Focusing Rail
Has any used or seen the new Kirk FR-2 Focusing Rail? I'm in the market and it seems like
jarvicj Silver Member 06-Sep-14 01:14 AM042 ---
A general, generic topic Monochrome
Here's one I showed quite a while back. I found the patterns to be a lot more interesting
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas 04-Sep-14 03:58 PM
by jdroach
388 ---
A general, generic topic Monochrome??
I want to start work on a project for the September contest. My knowledge, however is lack
John Bertotti Gold Member 04-Sep-14 10:30 AM
by John Bertotti
4112 ---
A general, generic topic Common Ringlet Butterfly and Meadowhawk Dragonfly
Went out again this morning with the D810 and found these critters. I'm pretty sure the dr
jtmcg Gold Member 04-Sep-14 01:10 AM
by jtmcg
6148 ---
A general, generic topic Plants of uncertain origin
The nice thing about buying a house with established gardens is you don't need to plant ev
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. 03-Sep-14 05:30 PM
by elcee
285 ---
This is a hot, active topic! August Contest - Borders and Edges
The theme of the August contest is "Borders and Edges" - selected by John Kirkpatrick (nat
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 03-Sep-14 04:12 PM
by John Bertotti
871253 ---
A general, generic topic Water Lily
This lily was about 20 ft off shore in the pond. I liked that it wasn't surrounded by the
jtmcg Gold Member 03-Sep-14 01:28 PM
by jtmcg
14182 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.