Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public)
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic October Challenge - Bokeh
The theme of the September contest is "Bokeh" - selected by John Kirkpatrick (natashadak)
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 29-Oct-14 04:32 PM
by D2Xstatic
1341177 ---
Pinned topic Vote Now - September Challenge: Monochrome
Here are the finalist images selected by John Kirkpatrick (natashadak). There were a lot
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 09-Oct-14 12:45 PM0291 ---
Pinned topic Macro Photography Tips and Tricks
Below are links to articles and threads of interest to macro photographers. Articles
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 16-Sep-12 10:55 PM
by kenuck
76560 ---
A general, generic topic Strange insect?
Took this pic while I was away in the caravan last week, does anyone know what it is? Ray
Hessy Gold Member 30-Oct-14 01:58 PM
by cristo
145 ---
A general, generic topic Hippiastrum - focus stack
We have some of these growing around the house, I thought I would try a focus stack - have
Hessy Gold Member 30-Oct-14 02:28 AM041 ---
A general, generic topic Cracked open
I am not sure of the origin of the seed-capsule. 20-Stack D810 ISO-80 f8 1/25 105mm Nik
AartPapaya Silver Member 29-Oct-14 10:14 PM
by Hessy
5160 ---
A general, generic topic Have you guys heard of John Hallmen ?!;
https://www.flickr.c om/photos/johnhallme n/3099207262/in/set- 72157604592459772
Larry E30 Silver Member 29-Oct-14 12:58 PM
by AartPapaya
3106 ---
A general, generic topic cornflower on lightbox
http://www.nikonia ns.org/dcfp/user_fil es/289653.jpg
scenario Silver Member 28-Oct-14 08:37 PM
by SheriB
354 ---
A general, generic topic Dragonfly with Sigma 50-500
Hi all. I haven't posted much for a while as I have been busy selling my California hou
jgould2 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. 24-Oct-14 04:38 PM
by jgould2
16254 ---
A general, generic topic Leafhoppers
Been a bit a dull day 'bug-wise' at my usual spots so I lay down in my garden and tried to
sevendayimages Silver Member 24-Oct-14 09:24 AM
by sevendayimages
284 ---
A general, generic topic FT-1 and Nikon bellows PB-6
Readers might be interested to know that Nikon obviously intended the FT-1 to be usable wi
PeterBeckett Gold Member 23-Oct-14 02:22 PM
by anabasis
2137 ---
A general, generic topic Grasshopper in B&W ?
Hiya all, Normally I don't convert macro shots quick to b&w, but with this one it seems
sevendayimages Silver Member 23-Oct-14 10:34 AM
by sevendayimages
9134 ---
A general, generic topic web update
Hi friends, Just wanted to let you all know I've added some cool, yet unusual shots to m
pasknucklehead Silver Member 23-Oct-14 03:13 AM
by JonK
6140 ---
A general, generic topic Comin' off the ropes like Jimmy Snuka!
Caught this girl right off my front porch one evening, letting the pup out. Literally hang
Matthew Gregory Silver Member 23-Oct-14 03:02 AM
by Matthew Gregory
9156 ---
A general, generic topic Congratulations - August Macro Contest Winner John Kirk...
Congratulations to August contest winner John Kirkpatrick (natashadak) for his winning ima
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 23-Oct-14 02:27 AM
by pasknucklehead
8173 ---
A general, generic topic Wild Iris
A very hardy Iris, the individual flowers do not last long but they keep on flowering. D3
AartPapaya Silver Member 21-Oct-14 11:05 AM
by AartPapaya
6137 ---
A general, generic topic Pearls
Playing with a new lens and new technique. I used the focus stacking technique through
anabasis Silver Member 18-Oct-14 12:51 AM
by pasknucklehead
3114 ---
A general, generic topic Extension Tubes
Does anyone use them, and if so how do you like them? Chris
cgreg21 Gold Member 17-Oct-14 01:03 PM
by cgreg21
7157 ---
A general, generic topic Dragon fly shots.
I don't know if this can be called macro. I used my 500mm f4 (macro lens??? ha-ha). Use w
Hessy Gold Member 16-Oct-14 05:00 PM
by Hessy
13153 ---
A general, generic topic Front and back of spider;
Top of spider with my 55-300mm vr at closest focus Bottom of spider with 18-55mm vr ne
Larry E30 Silver Member 14-Oct-14 06:58 PM
by Asgard
2104 ---
A general, generic topic Jaws right of way
This guy stopped us in the middle of the road on our evening walk, forcing us to walk arou
fivesense Gold Member 14-Oct-14 06:47 AM
by fivesense
7188 ---
A general, generic topic A few orchids
I went to an open day at an orchid day. Many of the orchids were spp. in contrast to hybri
AartPapaya Silver Member 13-Oct-14 07:51 PM
by AartPapaya
6122 ---
A general, generic topic Pine drop
While outside this morning with my dogs for their morning constitutional, I saw these rain
fivesense Gold Member 12-Oct-14 05:02 AM
by fivesense
12217 ---
A general, generic topic First attempt at macro
With my new-to-me D610 in hand, paired with my brand new Tokina 100 f/2.8, I set out in my
fivesense Gold Member 10-Oct-14 08:25 PM
by Artaxerxes
12200 ---
A general, generic topic 1st macro lens shots
Just using my macro lens for the first time, took a couple of shots tonight of a couple of
cgreg21 Gold Member 10-Oct-14 07:54 PM
by ericbowles
9279 ---
A general, generic topic Macro shot with the Df
I'm loving my new Df! Here is a macro shot of a grasshopper took handheld with the Tokina
tegel Silver Member 10-Oct-14 07:31 AM
by fivesense
3111 ---
This topic has been locked by a team member Vote Now - August Finalists Borders and Edges
Here are the finalist images selected by July winner Chris Brown (shipsupt) Living on t
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 09-Oct-14 12:06 PM
by ericbowles
1451 ---
A general, generic topic Pitcher Plant in Fall Color
During recent trip for two weeks to capture Fall colors in Northern Wisconsin, I spent som
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. 08-Oct-14 10:24 PM
by jdroach
3137 ---
A general, generic topic Mushrooms and Fungi on Northwoods Forest logs
The forest is full of mushrooms. Look at these interesting images found Eagle River, Wisc
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. 08-Oct-14 10:21 PM
by jdroach
4133 ---
This is a hot topic – It has been locked by a team member September Contest - Monochrome
The theme of the September contest is "Monochrome" - selected by Chris Brown (shipsupt) wi
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 08-Oct-14 09:15 PM
by TerryMc
691106 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.