nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public)
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViews
Pinned topic March Contest – "What Is It?"
This month’s challenge is "What Is It?” A true challenge that is perfect for t
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 04-Mar-15 12:25 AM
by robsb
Pinned topic Vote now: February - “"Household Finds”
Please vote now for your favorite images! Our members are at the center of all of our mont
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 03-Mar-15 10:02 PM
by dm1dave
Pinned topic Macro Photography Tips and Tricks
Below are links to articles and threads of interest to macro photographers. Articles
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 16-Sep-12 10:55 PM
by kenuck
This is a hot, active topic! Water Drops
Still playing with water and flowers. D800 f/22 Bulb mode Speedlights off cam
birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 04-Mar-15 12:17 PM
by Mannheim62
A general, generic topic Pretty Eyes
D300 and Nikkor 105 VR #1 http ://www.nikonians.org /dcfp/user_files/297 390.jpg
AUMike Silver Member04-Mar-15 02:41 AM
by AUMike
A general, generic topic More corrosion - I call it "textures of time"
I didn't want to barge in on someone else's thread, but here's one I shot a couple of year
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas 03-Mar-15 08:06 PM
by Scorpio72
This is a hot, active topic! February Contest – Household Finds
This month’s challenge is "Household Finds” This month we are looking for macr
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 03-Mar-15 07:09 PM
by nkcllewis
A general, generic topic Congratulations Howard Nease!
Please join me in congratulating Howard Nease (hnease) for his winning capture “Strawberr
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 02-Mar-15 12:02 AM
by hnease
A general, generic topic PB-4 Bellows - D800 Question
I have owned both the 55mm Micro-Nikkor since 1984 and the 105mm AF Micro-Nikkor f2.8 sinc
LAMILLER 27-Feb-15 11:06 PM
by arlon
A general, generic topic Closer still!
I have D700 and 105mm 2.8. It takes great macros but what is there to get in closer? I a
Childsplay904 Silver Member27-Feb-15 03:37 PM
by jstream
A general, generic topic Everything is just peaching
This rose was photographed last summer, but today, with a little color tweaking, reframin
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 27-Feb-15 01:41 PM
by jdroach
A general, generic topic The Dandelion Seed
1 single dandelion seed , sprayed with water. Flower placed behind so the drops would pic
birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 26-Feb-15 02:39 AM
by birdied
A general, generic topic Lichen
D800,105mm macro, extension tubes, indoors in a lightbox with four SB800s controlled with
LeanderTX79 Silver Member23-Feb-15 02:20 PM
by ChristianF
A general, generic topic Tulip Stamen
http://www.nikonians .org/dcfp/user_files /298323.jpg D800e, 50mm f/1.8D Nikkor, PB-4 Bello
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 23-Feb-15 03:52 AM
by birdied
A general, generic topic Freesia
These are lovely blooms. I await some purple ones to open further. Taken with D700, Tamr
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 21-Feb-15 08:27 PM
by jdroach
A general, generic topic abstract macro corrosion
I haven't shot any macro lately so I took my Tokina 100mm f/2.8 out for a walk today. I d
fivesense Gold Member18-Feb-15 07:57 PM
by elcee
A general, generic topic Auto ISO and macro
Here's an example of when I should have turned off auto ISO. I love the feature but I've r
fivesense Gold Member18-Feb-15 02:34 PM
by jstream
A general, generic topic Iceberg
Rose with a very delicate pink bud. I chose f/5.6 for the benefit of the boke. Sorry about
AartPapaya Silver Member16-Feb-15 06:29 PM
by AartPapaya
A general, generic topic Think Pink
Shot during one of our many recent snowstorms. D810, 105mmF2.8,F/6.3@2sec .,ISO 64,tripod
rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 14-Feb-15 10:03 PM
by rb4good
A general, generic topic Critical comments please
Hi all, This is a shot of a flower in my garden, as usual comments appreciated. It i
AusPhotoMan Silver Member14-Feb-15 07:00 PM
by jdroach
A general, generic topic Help needed to understand what is wrong.
Hi all, I shot this today in my garden, D300, 105mm VR micro, F5.6 @ 1/1250, 400 ISO.
AusPhotoMan Silver Member13-Feb-15 05:06 PM
by shipsupt
A general, generic topic Digitizing slides using an old Nikon Slide copyer bello...
In your opinion, how good is the quality of digitized slides using an arrangement such as
lovetoshoot2 Silver Member10-Feb-15 10:18 PM
by Leonard62
A general, generic topic lion's mane
Hericium erinaceus - a beautiful mushroom and a treat to find. It's a choice edible but I
natashadak Silver Member10-Feb-15 06:26 PM
by natashadak
A general, generic topic Will that scale in your photo hold up in court
Greetings everyone, Great site here. My first post by the way... I have a technical que
esibob Silver Member06-Feb-15 03:13 AM
by benveniste
A general, generic topic Congratulations Mark Greenberg!
Please join me in congratulating Mark Greenberg for his winning capture “Flower Rays”
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 05-Feb-15 10:56 AM
by markgreenberg
A general, generic topic Define macro or close up
Is there a definition or description, such as is posted in the landscape forum? http://ww
SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. 02-Feb-15 01:57 PM
by ericbowles
A topic tagged as a poll/survey Vote now: January - “Meal Time”
Images from our January Contest [link:www.nikonians. org/forums/dcboard.p hp?az=show_topic&
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 02-Feb-15 12:02 AM
by dm1dave
This is a hot topic – It has been locked by a team member January contest – Meal Time
This month’s challenge is "Meal Time” This month we are looking for macro/clos
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 31-Jan-15 03:14 PM
by frantoia
This is a hot, active topic! Violet Dancers and Frosted Whitefaces
I posted the male Velvet Dancer last year when I shot it. I shot the female yesterday and
jtmcg Gold Member29-Jan-15 02:30 AM
by jtmcg
A general, generic topic Nikon V1 with FT-1 and Nikkor 28-105D in Macro Mode
Messing around I found that after some practice I could get some very nice close up shots
James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography 27-Jan-15 06:57 AM
by James23p