Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public)
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic July Contest - Wide Angle Close-Ups
The theme of the June contest is "Wide Angle Close-Ups" - selected by Arlon Motsch (arlon)
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 10-Jul-14 08:51 PM
by robsb
11197 ---
Pinned topic Vote Now - June Contest - More Than One
Please vote now for your favorite images! Our members are at the center of all of our mont
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 06-Jul-14 05:30 PM
by ericbowles
1148 ---
Pinned topic Macro Photography Tips and Tricks
Below are links to articles and threads of interest to macro photographers. Articles
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 16-Sep-12 09:55 PM
by kenuck
76092 ---
A general, generic topic Easy to ID this butterfly: Dryas Julia
This butterfly obligingly perched momentarily on the identification plaque. Then the butt
jb335 Silver Member 10-Jul-14 09:57 PM08 ---
A general, generic topic Going to give semi-macro another shot
Just got a 60mm f2.8 micro, for my D90. I had a Nikon 105 f2.8 on my FE MANY years ago
Larry E30 Silver Member 10-Jul-14 06:04 PM
by arlon
160 ---
A general, generic topic Ribbit
Got this shot of a bullfrog at our local pond. I was trying to capture dragon flies and th
esandy Silver Member 10-Jul-14 04:35 PM
by esandy
7109 ---
A general, generic topic Web-site, just like I promised you folks!
Hi my water-drop and macro friends,,, Here is the web-site as I promised...Just had it la
pasknucklehead Silver Member 10-Jul-14 03:06 PM
by AartPapaya
13182 ---
A general, generic topic Yellow Cone Flower
Two views of a cone flower in our yard. D800 | 105mm VR f/8 | 1/160s | ISO-200 htt
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 09-Jul-14 10:42 PM
by dm1dave
6120 ---
A general, generic topic Congratulations to May Contest Winner Arlon Motsch
Congratulations to Arlon Motsch (arlon) the winner of the May contest "In Your Backyard".
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 08-Jul-14 01:27 AM
by cosmicfires
7109 ---
A general, generic topic Casual close-up
Just for fun, D7000 with 70-200 VR II @ f/2.8. Understand it's nothing special, but dec
Vlad_IT Silver Member 08-Jul-14 12:50 AM039 ---
A general, generic topic A favorite setup for close up flowers
I like the perspective I get from a wide angle lens with the tiniest of extension. These w
arlon Silver Member 02-Jul-14 12:52 PM
by arlon
4135 ---
A topic tagged as a poll/survey Vote Now - May Contest - In Your Backyard
Please vote now for your favorite images! Our members are at the center of all of our mont
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 02-Jul-14 11:43 AM
by ericbowles
2582 ---
A general, generic topic Daisy In Our Field
Just a nice simple shot of a really nice looking, large daisy. We have thousands of the
n8huckins Silver Member 01-Jul-14 06:13 PM
by n8huckins
292 ---
This is a hot, active topic! June Contest - More Than One
The theme of the June contest is "More Than One" - selected by John McGarry (jtmcg) winner
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 01-Jul-14 03:41 AM
by birdied
56850 ---
A general, generic topic ID this bumblebee please
Took this a few years ago ( D300s,Tamron 90 mm macro)I am not very knowledgeable about ins
SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. 30-Jun-14 07:08 PM
by rw11
3104 ---
A general, generic topic few more ants from the yard.
Shot off hand with D800E, 200mm f4 and reversed 105mm bellows lens. Pyramid ant
arlon Silver Member 29-Jun-14 04:14 AM
by birdied
3112 ---
A general, generic topic From The Garden - Flora and Fauna
A few shots from the garden. I have had some wonderful visitors . All shots with the
birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 29-Jun-14 01:09 AM
by the diewrecktor
15271 ---
A general, generic topic Fire ant alate in the yard this evening.
Just had some alates getting ready for an evening flight. Only got stung once getting the
arlon Silver Member 27-Jun-14 06:01 AM
by arlon
7190 ---
A general, generic topic Magnolia Blossom
In my backyard. D800E 105mm Micro 1/125 sec @ f/13 ISO 400 Charlie... [ link:www.st
cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography 24-Jun-14 06:12 PM
by cchoc
6152 ---
A general, generic topic The end of Grashopper
A leak an an irrigation pipe provided a puddle wherein a grasshopper came to its end. This
AartPapaya Silver Member 24-Jun-14 04:17 PM
by AartPapaya
2177 ---
A topic tagged as someone looking for information Real Butterflies for Photography
I'm trying to find a good source for purchasing unmounted butterflies and other insects th
HigginsR1 Gold Member 23-Jun-14 11:04 PM
by jrp
3179 ---
A general, generic topic Vote now – Special Nature Contest
Lets here your voice - Vote now! Voting will be open for one week. http://
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 23-Jun-14 05:46 PM
by dm1dave
1103 ---
A general, generic topic Sharp up close
This was taken with my D600 and Nikkor 28-105D in Macro mode. Jim D600 Nikkor 28-10
James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography 23-Jun-14 12:27 AM
by jdroach
5159 ---
A general, generic topic Gadgetry Photography
This isn't about breathtaking panoramas, or the hairs on a bee's leg. This is about gears
buffumjr 23-Jun-14 12:22 AM
by PBlais
8217 ---
A general, generic topic Macro flower photography
Will be returning to Netherlands and my host has offered me the use of his hotel breakfast
dt photography Gold Member 22-Jun-14 08:27 AM
by jrp
1158 ---
A general, generic topic Ant lion on the wall
One of the things I like about macro is being able to step out my front door and find a ph
arlon Silver Member 21-Jun-14 04:44 PM
by cchoc
5149 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help Costa Rica macro lens
I will soon be going to Costa Rica and am interested in a macro lens. I currently have a
Bkats Silver Member 17-Jun-14 09:46 PM
by aolander
3104 ---
A general, generic topic Drain fly on the wall.
Interesting little bugs. D800e, 200mm f4 with reversed 105mm bellows lens. http://ww
arlon Silver Member 15-Jun-14 07:13 PM
by Asgard
1100 ---
A general, generic topic fun with stacked lenses.
I like to use short tele lenses with a 105mm bellows lens reversed on the tele. By using t
arlon Silver Member 15-Jun-14 01:56 PM
by arlon
4163 ---
A general, generic topic Dragonfly
I think this is a Red-waisted Whiteface dragonfly. (Males are red.) D7100, Sigma 150mm
aolander Silver Member 13-Jun-14 01:23 PM
by aolander
7164 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.