Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Sports
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic September Contest – “Agony of Defeat”
This month’s challenge is “Agony of Defeat” We are looking for images showin
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 19-Sep-14 01:53 PM
by jtmcg
9212 ---
Pinned topic Finalists: August Contest – Speed
Please vote now for your favorite image! Our members are at the center of all of our month
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 01-Sep-14 08:03 PM
by dm1dave
1256 ---
Pinned topic Welcome/Pertinent Information
Welcome to the Sports Forum (as of April 14, 2010) Rules [/font
rmigliaccio Administrator 03-Mar-14 10:38 PM
by mkmull77
02312 ---
A general, generic topic Volleyball under LED's
Is anyone shooting under LED's? I was very surprised this evening when I went for my
Ferguson Silver Member 21-Sep-14 03:05 AM
by Ferguson
558 ---
A general, generic topic Speaking of funny photos...
I call this one "Catching the Light" http://www .nikonians.org/dcfp/ user_files/286586.jp
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. 20-Sep-14 07:43 PM
by bellnier
353 ---
A general, generic topic Prep School Soccer - Westminster - Taft
Shot this game at Westminster yesterday. They have a turf field and I assumed that's where
jtmcg Gold Member 20-Sep-14 05:43 PM
by jtmcg
231 ---
A general, generic topic PGA Tour Championship
I was at the PGA Tour Championship last week. The practice round provided an opportunity
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 20-Sep-14 01:27 PM
by ericbowles
225 ---
A general, generic topic Sand Shot
Nikon D800, Nikon 70-200mm at 150mm, ISO 1600, f 2.8, 1/8000 This is probably the only
markgreenberg Silver Member 20-Sep-14 03:31 AM026 ---
A general, generic topic HS Soccer - Avon vs. Canton
Neighboring towns. Avon moves to a higher conference next year so they won't be conference
jtmcg Gold Member 19-Sep-14 07:32 PM
by jtmcg
1086 ---
A general, generic topic A silly picture...
This picture makes me laugh. The sign certainly confused some folks on the sideline who we
bellnier Silver Member 19-Sep-14 07:31 PM
by jtmcg
265 ---
A general, generic topic A chuckle from Scott Kelby's Facebook
I hope it's appropriate for our sports forum here... I think we've all been there. http
shipsupt Platinum Member 19-Sep-14 11:15 AM
by jbloom
7140 ---
A general, generic topic Daylight football
Around here they still play some games on Saturday afternoons. Here are some images from t
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. 18-Sep-14 01:53 PM
by jtmcg
13125 ---
A general, generic topic 2014 Santa Fe to Buffalo Thunder Half-Marathon support ...
My wife ran this year's Santa Fe to Buffalo Thunder Half-Marathon. I was on the sidelines
vitalishe Silver Member 18-Sep-14 12:11 PM
by Aqualung
234 ---
A general, generic topic Carriage driving
Hi A few pictures taken this week-end of a carriage driving competition at Rambouillet
zorro985 18-Sep-14 12:09 PM
by Aqualung
364 ---
A general, generic topic More Rugby
Some more rugby action. The boys managed a close game to a win the home opener. #1 -
shipsupt Platinum Member 18-Sep-14 09:38 AM
by shipsupt
981 ---
A general, generic topic D810 HS football
There are those who claim a D810 can't be a sports camera due to its insufficient frame ra
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. 17-Sep-14 09:44 AM
by jbloom
12202 ---
A general, generic topic Early MD HS field hockey
Defending state champion and current #3 Severna Park lost 12 seniors to graduation, but on
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources 15-Sep-14 09:28 PM
by reuben
874 ---
A general, generic topic Striking a Pose!
For the first time in a few years I made it onto the front page of the sports section (pic
hithmojr Silver Member 15-Sep-14 08:00 PM
by Aqualung
487 ---
A general, generic topic Rid 'em Cowboy
A few shots from last nights rodeo http://www. nikonians.org/dcfp/u ser_files/284951.jpg
doubleo Silver Member 14-Sep-14 10:46 PM
by bellnier
12193 ---
A general, generic topic Prep School Soccer Scrimmage
Avon Old Farms vs. Williston-Northampto n. Final score 3-1 AOF. I didn't see the W-H goal.
jtmcg Gold Member 14-Sep-14 02:17 PM
by jtmcg
654 ---
A general, generic topic HS Soccer - Season Opener Simsbury HS vs. Bristol Centr...
Temp 70 degF and cloudy. That's more like it. Anyway it was 1-0 at the half on a PK - foul
jtmcg Gold Member 11-Sep-14 07:34 PM
by jtmcg
880 ---
A general, generic topic A bit of cross-country action
Shot my first event of the season and had some trouble shaking off the rust. I felt like I
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. 11-Sep-14 08:37 AM
by jbloom
1198 ---
A general, generic topic Nikkor 70-200MM VR II
I posted this in the lenses section but want to post it here with the sports photographers
tvisser Silver Member 11-Sep-14 03:33 AM
by Arthur Laurent
5176 ---
A general, generic topic Rugby Season Opener
The boys started their season by getting absolutely hammered. Since I'm shooting for the
shipsupt Platinum Member 10-Sep-14 03:50 PM
by Aqualung
366 ---
A general, generic topic Cycle shots from Triathlon
I shot the cycle portion of a Triathlon this past Sunday. D4, 24-70 F/2.8 @ 70mm, ISO
shipsupt Platinum Member 10-Sep-14 03:48 PM
by Aqualung
694 ---
A general, generic topic San Jose State at Auburn
Here's a link to my shots from last Sat: http://www.g ettyimages.com/Searc h/Search.aspx?
mkchang Silver Member 09-Sep-14 05:23 PM045 ---
A general, generic topic First Soccer Shots of Season
Here are some recent soccer shots. Comments welcome. http://w ww.nikonians.org/dcf p/user
lapzan Silver Member 09-Sep-14 11:39 AM
by shipsupt
363 ---
A general, generic topic High School Soccer Scrimmage
Preseason scrimmage between Simsbury HS and Xavier HS. Simsbury's turf field is being reno
jtmcg Gold Member 08-Sep-14 07:28 PM
by reuben
8147 ---
A topic tagged as news Congratulations to gmth
Please join me in congratulating Glenn Thompson (gmth) for his winning image in the July c
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 07-Sep-14 11:02 PM
by MEMcD
381 ---
A general, generic topic Selling Photo,s
Wondering if any of you sell pictures that you take at sporting events and how you do it.
farwest Silver Member 04-Sep-14 07:55 PM
by bellnier
14261 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.