nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Sports
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViews
Pinned topic March Challenge – “Point Of Contact”
March theme; Point Of Contact This can be any sports action demonstrating an
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 06-Mar-15 10:24 PM
by gmth
Pinned topic Vote now: February – “Foul Weather”
Please vote now for your favorite image! Our members are at the center of all of our month
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 03-Mar-15 02:55 AM
by dm1dave
Pinned topic Welcome/Pertinent Information
Welcome to the Sports Forum (as of April 14, 2010) Rules [/font
rmigliaccio Administrator03-Mar-14 11:38 PM
by mkmull77
This is a hot, active topic! 5th Grade Travel Team Basketball
My son-in-law coaches and my grandson plays, so I've been shooting some of the games. This
jtmcg Gold Member07-Mar-15 12:08 AM
by daisylady0045
A topic tagged as having a question kit advice needed...
A friend who's son plays hockey and football is looking for a simple DSLR kit for taking p
s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member06-Mar-15 10:55 PM
by PerroneFord
A general, generic topic Last regular season games - 5th Grade Bball
Shot the last 2 games of the season of my grandson's team. The first on Saturday they won
jtmcg Gold Member04-Mar-15 09:42 PM016
A general, generic topic A shot and a ....(one save , one goal !)
Some goalie action from this past weekend. Dark, dark, dark rink. It's actually the rink
PSAGuy Silver Member04-Mar-15 07:11 PM
by jkg0806
A general, generic topic Fly like an Eagle
Shot FGCU vs Lipscomb this evening. FGCU is the eagles. I remain amazed at the hang ti
Ferguson Silver Member04-Mar-15 07:03 PM
by Scorpio72
This is a hot, active topic! What did you try new last shoot?
I think one should try something new each time out, or at least most times out. So le
Ferguson Silver Member04-Mar-15 03:49 PM
by Ferguson
A general, generic topic shooting indoors
Questions about shooting indoors. Equipment I'm using Nikon D80 and Nikkor AF-D 70-200 f/
Wetz Silver Member04-Mar-15 02:42 AM
by dmalaro
A general, generic topic Congratulations to mwentzel
Please join me in congratulating Milt Wentzel (mwentzel) for his winning image in the Janu
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 03-Mar-15 02:50 AM
by mkmull77
A general, generic topic D3s question, Sports speed related
So I am shooting a girls Hs basketball game last night, exploring the new upper end abilit
John Cerra Silver Member01-Mar-15 02:46 PM
by John Cerra
A general, generic topic Norcross Basketball
Another very successful year for the Norcross Basketball program, a nationally recognized
Bob Chadwick Silver Member01-Mar-15 02:42 PM
by jtmcg
A general, generic topic Question re lenses for HS basketball
I would like some feedback on which lenses HS basketball photographers use. I have been sh
Nikon32250 Silver Member25-Feb-15 06:22 AM
by Arthur Laurent
This is a hot, active topic! What camera settings do you favor for basketball? Feel ...
I use Rear AF with 9 focus points in AF-C mode. I seem to get too many OOF shots because b
Nikon32250 Silver Member25-Feb-15 05:07 AM
by Arthur Laurent
A general, generic topic Basketball: Vikings lose tight game - Chico, California...
By halftime it looked like the Pleasant Valley High Vikings were going to have an easy win
Bob32 Silver Member24-Feb-15 03:09 PM
by Bob32
A general, generic topic Girls indoor soccer
One of my daughter's teammates scoring a goal and a girl from the other team walking off d
lapzan Silver Member24-Feb-15 10:50 AM048
A general, generic topic Looking for input, remedial steps and thanks
Hi everyone' I wanted to thank Brian,Jon, Ferguson and Perrone for the advice in a prio
John Cerra Silver Member18-Feb-15 06:02 PM
by bellnier
A general, generic topic Roselle Catholic vs Our Savior NA @ Nike Zoom City Cour...
Hi everyone, I don't know if you saw this game on Fox Sports 1 & 2 yesterday, but Rose
John Cerra Silver Member17-Feb-15 01:08 AM
by JosephK
A general, generic topic Old-timer’s skateboarding adventure (6/21/2008)
This was shot at the Bedrock Skate and Bike Park in Oroville, California. Comme nts are
Bob32 Silver Member13-Feb-15 07:29 PM
by Bob32
A general, generic topic Separation and color
So, I got my new (used) 200 f/2, and it's everything [link:http://www.nik onians.org/forums
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 13-Feb-15 11:49 AM
by jbloom
A general, generic topic February Contest – “Foul Weather”
Many outdoor sports the game goes on rain or shine. This month we want to see examples
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 12-Feb-15 01:49 AM
by dm1dave
A general, generic topic Dodgeball!
Well, I can check this off as a sport I've shot! This was a charity dodgeball tournament a
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 10-Feb-15 05:45 PM
by jbloom
A general, generic topic ESPN Films: Keepers of the Streak
Thought this might be of interest, I watched this last night & really enjoyed it. Hour lon
edk Silver Member06-Feb-15 11:34 PM052
A general, generic topic Congratulations to Bob Chadwick
Please join me in congratulating Bob Chadwick for his winning image in the December contes
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 05-Feb-15 08:00 PM
by hithmojr
A general, generic topic What is separation? This is!
OK, most of you already know, but I sometimes am asked "what is separation" when I talk
Ferguson Silver Member05-Feb-15 01:50 AM
by jrp
A general, generic topic Ceiling mounted VB net
The new HS gym here has a volleyball net that apparently descends from the ceiling on hing
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 04-Feb-15 04:53 AM
by daswolfe
A general, generic topic More Rugby
This weeks installment finds our club falling to the league leaders in a well played match
shipsupt Platinum Member Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 03-Feb-15 10:35 PM
by Bob32
A general, generic topic Querencia
I'm not by nature a sports shooter but I do shoot sail boat races. Being a sailor myself i
PBlais Silver Member03-Feb-15 11:17 AM
by shipsupt
This topic has been locked by a team member Vote now: January Contest – “The Officials”
Please vote now for your favorite image! Our members are at the center of all of our month
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 01-Feb-15 10:12 PM
by dm1dave