nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public)
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViews
Pinned topic February Contest "Face of innocence, or not”
This month’s challenge is " Face of innocence, or not” This month’s theme we a
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 27-Feb-15 11:00 PM
by arlon
Pinned topic Vote now: January - “Walking in a Winter Wonderland”
Please vote now for your favorite images! Our members are at the center of all of our mont
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 03-Feb-15 04:16 PM
by dm1dave
Pinned topic ANPAT 15 announced - includes St. Augustine Alligator F...
ANPAT 15 has been announced. For the bird photographers at Nikonians, we've got several t
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 10-Jan-15 02:20 AM
by MarkM10431
Pinned topic Wildlife Photography Tricks and Travel Reports.
Nikonians Articles: [link:www.nikoni ans.org/reviews?alia s=photographing-bird s-i
Photophil Awarded for his valuable contributions to the Resources, most notably in Wildlife Photography 22-Feb-14 03:41 AM
by MimiLina
A general, generic topic Woodpecker + Hawk (not pretty)
I was all excited to see a woodpecker (Northern Flicker I believe) in my back yard. Got t
wallenjs Silver Member Awarded for his high level artistry and technical skill for various photographic subjects and positive contributions to the forums 28-Feb-15 01:35 AM
by Kipmm
A general, generic topic Red-breasted Mergansers
From a small open area of water and the Vulture was cruising along looking for lunch along
rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 28-Feb-15 01:10 AM
by jtmcg
A general, generic topic Grey day shooting Birds
Last night we received 4 inches of snow and today is grey and very overcast but the temps
dwr857 Silver Member28-Feb-15 12:40 AM
by Kipmm
A general, generic topic Golden Eye in Courtship mode..
Early morning at the Lagoon for the Golden Eye many showing off, its that time of the year
Kipmm Silver Member28-Feb-15 12:38 AM
by Kipmm
A general, generic topic Countryboy - FYI
Just got the info that our Member Countryboy (Thomas Spain) passed away on Wednesday night
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot 28-Feb-15 12:38 AM
by Dubes
A general, generic topic Cardinal - Beauty In the Late Afternoon
Wife and I went for a walk in the first warm day in what seems like a month - This Cardina
bhiggins Silver Member27-Feb-15 05:15 PM
by AartPapaya
A general, generic topic Informal Northeast/US Shoot Trips ? Interest ?
I have noticed a number of folks from the northeast with interest in Nature/Wildlife photo
bhiggins Silver Member27-Feb-15 03:50 PM
by JonK
A general, generic topic Cold Finch
Unusual snowfall brought around a swarm of hungry feathered creatures. This little Finch
Hycgelac Silver Member27-Feb-15 03:44 AM
by kenray
A general, generic topic Anna,s Humming Bird...
Came across this little fellow buzzing around the Lagoon just after Sun up..Didn't mind me
Kipmm Silver Member27-Feb-15 01:39 AM
by Kipmm
A general, generic topic Little guy
Much of my wildlife photography is focused on predator birds - the bald eagles, herons, os
labtrout Silver Member27-Feb-15 12:42 AM
by labtrout
A general, generic topic Mixed bag
http://www.nikonia ns.org/dcfp/user_fil es/297795.jpg h ttp://www.nikonians. org/dcfp/u
niknac37 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 26-Feb-15 06:41 PM
by danshep
A general, generic topic Dwarf Mongoose
Very lively little creatures and fairly skittish. If they see a vehicle or a large bird,
AartPapaya Silver Member26-Feb-15 09:35 AM
by AartPapaya
A general, generic topic Northern Mockingbird
Here is a shot that I had to do quickly handheld and I unfortunately cut off a little of t
dwr857 Silver Member26-Feb-15 08:48 AM
by Asgard
This is a hot, active topic! Wedgetail Eagle
Not a BIF, and few twigs in the way, but I couldn't miss the opportunity, it doesn't come
Hessy Gold Member26-Feb-15 01:36 AM
by Hessy
A general, generic topic Goldeneye ( Hen )
Came across a few Female Goldeneye amongst the Mallards.. Most of the time they were unde
Kipmm Silver Member25-Feb-15 09:46 PM
by Kipmm
A general, generic topic Great Blue Heron Settling Down For The Night.
Immature Great Blue settling down in the Lagoon early evening. kip D71 00 AF S 300mm F/
Kipmm Silver Member25-Feb-15 09:44 PM
by Kipmm
A general, generic topic Jewelry buff and other eagles
Despite the extreme cold here, eagles have been out and about in the early afternoon in re
labtrout Silver Member25-Feb-15 08:45 PM
by labtrout
A general, generic topic Was a busy weekend. With drumming grouse can spring be ...
Ruffed grouse in late afternoon sun D7100 ISO 640, SS 1/1250, F8.0, 550mm http://www.ni k
larrycurrlymoe Silver Member25-Feb-15 05:39 PM
by larrycurrlymoe
A general, generic topic Juvenile Bald Eagles
I really like the coloring and patterns on these two young bald eagles. D810 | 400/
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 25-Feb-15 05:15 PM
by dm1dave
This is a hot, active topic! A top predator.
Two days back I was on a quest to find early spring plants emerging which is a prime time
Dgastrong Gold Member25-Feb-15 04:02 AM
by Dgastrong
A general, generic topic Mr and Mrs Bufflehead
Finally after many weeks of trying to get both Male and Female in the same frame the sky c
Kipmm Silver Member25-Feb-15 12:51 AM
by Kipmm
This is a hot, active topic! Extreme Cold
I don't know how wildlife copes in this cold weather, but they do. The Coyote and Rough-le
rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 24-Feb-15 09:43 PM
by rb4good
This is a hot, active topic! Backyard portraits
Just fine tuned the focus on the lens combo with this camera. Tested it on some visitors.
Hessy Gold Member24-Feb-15 01:17 PM
by Hessy
A general, generic topic MOTHER!
This is the time of the afternoon to encounter game. End of summer and the game is in a be
AartPapaya Silver Member24-Feb-15 09:09 AM
by AartPapaya
A general, generic topic Monkey Business
While most guests on safari like to relax or take a swim after a busy early morning game r
Exposure Tours Silver Member24-Feb-15 01:34 AM
by limnos64
This is a hot, active topic! Osprey & nest
Finally... my own osprey photos. :D From Flamingo in Everglades NP, at the visitor's cen
coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” 24-Feb-15 12:40 AM
by coolmom42