Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Wildlife (Public)
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic October Contest – Wildlife in Fall Colors.
This month’s challenge is " Wildlife in Fall Colors” Fall is a colorful time
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 02-Oct-14 10:45 AM028 ---
Pinned topic Vote now: September - “Courtship”
Please vote now for your favorite images! Our members are at the center of all of our mont
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 02-Oct-14 10:28 AM
by dm1dave
142 ---
Pinned topic September Contest - “Courtship"
This month’s challenge is “Courtship" Lets see behavior in animals, birds or a
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 01-Oct-14 04:35 AM
by Devrishi
74985 ---
Pinned topic Wildlife Photography Tricks and Travel Reports.
Nikonians Articles: [link:www.nikoni ans.org/reviews?alia s=photographing-bird s-i
Photophil Awarded for his valuable contributions to the Resources, most notably in Wildlife Photography 22-Feb-14 02:41 AM
by MimiLina
3629801 ---
A general, generic topic Monkey Portraits
At a picnic spot in the Kruger National Park we were entertained by a group of monkeys. Th
AartPapaya Silver Member 02-Oct-14 03:07 PM
by AartPapaya
758 ---
A general, generic topic It was Summer not long ago when the pollinators were ha...
at work in the garden. I like this 100% crop of the Cabbage white because you can see it'
JAYBUK Silver Member 02-Oct-14 01:06 PM
by JAYBUK
344 ---
A general, generic topic Long On Hours, Short On Frames............................
I spent 8 hours hiking with my D800/200-400/4 combo looking for whitetail bucks last Satur
Lunastar Silver Member 02-Oct-14 12:17 PM
by mnbuilder49
246 ---
A general, generic topic The Parting of Ways
This old gentleman and I sat and talked for about half an hour. He didn't seem to be both
roffelmau Silver Member 02-Oct-14 10:42 AM
by roffelmau
19241 ---
A general, generic topic Just checking
On a lazy Sunday afternoon at a hide. I was half asleep when this guy surfaced. D300 IS
AartPapaya Silver Member 02-Oct-14 05:33 AM
by AartPapaya
14213 ---
A topic tagged as news Congratulations to BSchirm
Please join me in congratulating Berry for his winning capture in the “Cooling Off” contes
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 02-Oct-14 05:27 AM
by rogerh666
17153 ---
A general, generic topic White-faced Ibis
Many here in the central United States have started referring to these simply as "Dark Ib
owl Platinum Member 02-Oct-14 01:47 AM
by meadowlark2
338 ---
A general, generic topic Bugling in RMNP
The rut is in full swing in Rocky Mountain National Park. D-300 600mm AF-s Lens #1
vcottman Silver Member 02-Oct-14 01:22 AM
by Lunastar
14219 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Birds in the bush 13
Rain caused a migration fallout of warblers here at the Reef where I work. Thanks for loo
slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 02-Oct-14 01:19 AM
by Lunastar
23269 ---
A general, generic topic Oct. Images
A few more from October. A lot less migration activity than I can ever remember. The end o
rb4good Silver Member 02-Oct-14 01:18 AM
by Lunastar
245 ---
A general, generic topic Road Runner at Home
Caught this guy hanging around my front porch the other day. Both were shot, through a
pdavitt Gold Member 02-Oct-14 12:14 AM
by pdavitt
7107 ---
A general, generic topic Dusky Grouse
Spotted in south central Colorado a week or so ago....it's always a treat to come upon t
owl Platinum Member 02-Oct-14 12:09 AM
by owl
583 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Large flocks of birds Question
I shoot a D7100 with various lenses, question I have what F Stop works the best to get mos
brobones Gold Member 01-Oct-14 10:53 PM
by danshep
249 ---
A general, generic topic Agitation - Snowy Egrets
Driving through the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge in Utah one evening a few weeks ago,
meadowlark2 Silver Member 01-Oct-14 10:48 PM
by meadowlark2
595 ---
A general, generic topic Back from a hiatus..
Hello Nikonians, Rick here from Connecticut. Have not posted for a while from my acct d
s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member 01-Oct-14 10:04 PM028 ---
A general, generic topic They are called Blue Heron for a reason
My initial attempts at birding. This Blue Heron was behind a tree branch and I slowly walk
FFN Platinum Member 01-Oct-14 07:22 PM
by mnbuilder49
378 ---
A general, generic topic Bird bath pose...
You think he was trying to fit in...:>
Ctnikonguy 30-Sep-14 07:28 PM
by Asgard
271 ---
A general, generic topic Locust borer (megacyllene robiniae) species of cerambyc...
We get so many great images of birds, I'd thought I'd go for a change of pace and post thi
Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography 30-Sep-14 11:09 AM
by Ned_L
594 ---
A general, generic topic Neoscona crucifera (Spotted Orbweaver) spider at the Br...
Since I posted small earlier, I'd thought I'd post a second image. This one is a neoscona
Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography 30-Sep-14 11:07 AM
by Ned_L
590 ---
A general, generic topic Migrants
I managed to get a few shots off of these foraging birds under unfavorable lighting with m
slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 30-Sep-14 01:19 AM
by slopoki1
15226 ---
A general, generic topic Yummy for the Tummy
This guy is about to have a nice green snack. D300 with Nikkor 80-400 at f5.6, 1/400, ISO
Hycgelac Silver Member 30-Sep-14 01:19 AM
by rogerh666
396 ---
This is a hot, active topic! August Contest – Cooling Off!
This month’s challenge is "Cooling Off” We are entering the dog days of August h
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 29-Sep-14 11:50 PM
by Priest
871477 ---
A general, generic topic Double Crested Cormorant
I watched this Cormorant for 20 mins diving in the local pond . It would surface then div
Kipmm Silver Member 29-Sep-14 11:33 PM
by Kipmm
16200 ---
A general, generic topic Great Blue Heron
Had a few GBH show up recently in a local marsh. D7100,300m mF4,1.4tc,hand held,manual,
rb4good Silver Member 29-Sep-14 08:22 PM
by rb4good
8141 ---
A general, generic topic Lunchtime
This Finch likes the sunflower seed very much. D300 with Nikkor 500 at f5, 1/320, ISO 640
Hycgelac Silver Member 29-Sep-14 08:15 PM
by Asgard
140 ---
A general, generic topic A relaxed looking Dunnock, just watching the world go ...
These shy little birds of the hedgerows do not possess the bright colours of a lot of the
JAYBUK Silver Member 29-Sep-14 10:55 AM
by JAYBUK
5125 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.