nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Wildlife (Public)
IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViews
Pinned topic March Contest "Dramatic Light”
For the March monthly wildlife challenge, the theme is “Dramatic Light.” A truly gre
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 04-Mar-15 12:22 AM
by Dgastrong
Pinned topic Vote now: February - “Face of innocence, or not”
Please vote now for your favorite images! Our members are at the center of all of our mont
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 03-Mar-15 04:05 AM
by dm1dave
Pinned topic ANPAT 15 announced - includes St. Augustine Alligator F...
ANPAT 15 has been announced. For the bird photographers at Nikonians, we've got several t
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 10-Jan-15 02:20 AM
by MarkM10431
Pinned topic Wildlife Photography Tricks and Travel Reports.
Nikonians Articles: [link:www.nikoni ans.org/reviews?alia s=photographing-bird s-i
Photophil Awarded for his valuable contributions to the Resources, most notably in Wildlife Photography 22-Feb-14 03:41 AM
by MimiLina
A general, generic topic Countryboy - FYI
Just got the info that our Member Countryboy (Thomas Spain) passed away on Wednesday night
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot 04-Mar-15 12:48 AM
by vcottman
A general, generic topic Bird ID Please
Took this photo yesterday with my new/used Nikkor AF 70-210 f4-5.6. After looking at the
dwr857 Silver Member04-Mar-15 12:47 AM
by dwr857
A general, generic topic Eagle Fly-By
A 2d Year Bald Eagle does a fly-by at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal NWR a few weeks ago. D
vcottman Silver Member04-Mar-15 12:46 AM
by vcottman
A general, generic topic Great Blue Heron Settling Down For The Night.
Immature Great Blue settling down in the Lagoon early evening. kip D71 00 AF S 300mm F/
Kipmm Silver Member04-Mar-15 12:39 AM
by Kipmm
A general, generic topic unknown spider
Hi all. Shot this spider today at Bear Point in Fort Pierce, FL. Can anyone identify t
jgould2 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. 03-Mar-15 11:20 PM
by glxman
A general, generic topic Whooping Crane size compared to Sandhill Cranes
If you're familiar with the size of Sandhill Cranes...this will give you an idea about the
owl Platinum Member Donor Ribbon awarded for her generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 03-Mar-15 11:10 PM
by owl
A general, generic topic Robin - Icy Eats
The Robins were back to eat more of the Holly berries. The snow was an icy mix we call "co
bhiggins Silver Member03-Mar-15 08:49 PM
by bhiggins
A general, generic topic Two Birds in flight
1st Chickadee http:// www.nikonians.org/dc fp/user_files/298960 .jpg 2nd Nuthatch
Ineluki Gold Member03-Mar-15 08:39 PM
by dwr857
A general, generic topic Leopard on the Prowl
D700, 400mm, 250iso 6.3, 1/1600 Mara safari http://www.n ikonians.org/dcfp/us er_f
Exposure Tours Silver Member03-Mar-15 08:00 PM
by Asgard
A general, generic topic Off topic - Canada goose and Mallard diet?
Possibly not the best place to post but I saw something today I have never seen before. I
David Fellmet Silver Member03-Mar-15 07:11 PM
by Kipmm
A general, generic topic Chow time
These are from a few weeks back. Thanks for looking. Rick http ://www.slopoki1.com/ D
slopoki1 Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 03-Mar-15 05:51 PM
by bhiggins
A general, generic topic Congratulations Scott Ashley!
Please join me in congratulating Scott Ashley for his winning capture “Watching waril
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 03-Mar-15 04:39 PM
by owl
A general, generic topic Common Goldeye
Got out on the weekend, finally warmed up headed down to the river to see if there were an
brobones Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 03-Mar-15 03:12 AM
by Kipmm
A general, generic topic Golden Eye in Courtship mode..
Early morning at the Lagoon for the Golden Eye many showing off, its that time of the year
Kipmm Silver Member03-Mar-15 03:10 AM
by Kipmm
A general, generic topic Common Goldeneye
Have been tweaking my BIF settings lately to get more keepers. Still not where I want to
s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member03-Mar-15 01:58 AM053
A general, generic topic Dwarf Mongoose
Very lively little creatures and fairly skittish. If they see a vehicle or a large bird,
AartPapaya Silver Member03-Mar-15 12:34 AM
by Triptych
A general, generic topic Canadian Goose
I finally got out today to try out the 70-200 f/2.8. While it is not a perfect wildlife le
phantsam Gold Member02-Mar-15 10:42 PM
by dwr857
A general, generic topic Redshank
A Redshank photo, from one of my favourite birding locations nearby. The photo is taken fr
henbo Silver Member02-Mar-15 08:29 PM
by henbo
A general, generic topic Woodpecker + Hawk (not pretty)
I was all excited to see a woodpecker (Northern Flicker I believe) in my back yard. Got t
wallenjs Silver Member Awarded for his high level artistry and technical skill for various photographic subjects and positive contributions to the forums 02-Mar-15 07:44 PM
by avisys
A general, generic topic Mr & Mrs Maned Duck
Edit: one book tells me these are Australian Wood Ducks, and the other book Maned Ducks (t
Hessy Gold Member02-Mar-15 06:55 PM
by Hessy
A general, generic topic Grey day shooting Birds
Last night we received 4 inches of snow and today is grey and very overcast but the temps
dwr857 Silver Member02-Mar-15 05:41 PM
by dwr857
This is a hot, active topic! Little guy
Much of my wildlife photography is focused on predator birds - the bald eagles, herons, os
labtrout Silver Member02-Mar-15 02:51 PM
by vcottman
A general, generic topic Cold Finch
Unusual snowfall brought around a swarm of hungry feathered creatures. This little Finch
Hycgelac Silver Member02-Mar-15 02:46 PM
by vcottman
A general, generic topic Some Kind of Duck
Hi Guys, I'm not big on waterfowl traditionally, I'm mainly a raptor guy. But I've rec
stillbill11 Silver Member02-Mar-15 02:18 AM
by stillbill11
A general, generic topic Mr and Mrs Bufflehead
Finally after many weeks of trying to get both Male and Female in the same frame the sky c
Kipmm Silver Member02-Mar-15 12:41 AM
by Kipmm
A general, generic topic Informal Northeast/US Shoot Trips ? Interest ?
I have noticed a number of folks from the northeast with interest in Nature/Wildlife photo
bhiggins Silver Member01-Mar-15 03:49 AM
by dwr857